Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so the FiST is not a big car. I haven't even measured the inside of the cargo (length) with the seats folded down. Has anyone inquired (if this is even possible) to install a roof rack for skiis or extra cargo? I'm assuming the Fiesta has roof rack mounts. Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
For skis I can understand needing a rack. If you need more cargo space you should have bought a Focus.

I guess I am lucky that this is not my only car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I plan on getting a removable one for ski's, kayak, bikes etc. down the road, but no hurry. Ones for the regular Fiesta will fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My ST has no roof rack anchors. Any suggestions for a hard mounted permanent system instead of these designs that clip into the door jam?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The clips into the door frame don't look as good and probably aren't as strong as something bolted on. Are there no lugs on cars made after 2013?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Thule roof rack on my 2014 FiST for my kayak

·
Registered
241 Posts
true the clips only have about 150 lb limit..., but I haven't seen any other options. if you need to carry more than that, you're going to have a bad time with the fiesta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
I asked the same question Roof rack that bolts on?

Short answer is NO, we don't have bolt on options, they discontinued the threaded holes in the roof in 2013

There are options that actually bolt into the sheet metal on your roof, but you need to put holes in your roof, and I bet you don't want to do that...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Thule roof rack on mine and it works out great. It makes the car a little more practical for me. I ride a mountain bike almost everyday throughout the warmer months and, needless to say, my interior would be trashed without that rack. I mark were the clips need to be positioned on the inside the to roof/door sills, so I can easily take it off and re-install it. Highly recommend it along with the Yakima stuff as well.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a Curt hitch and hitch mount bike rack. Takes 30 seconds to mount the rack to the hitch.

I originally went with a Sea Sucker Talon but it was a pain to take off the front wheel and even more of a pain to clean the car in the suction cup areas before mounting.

I don't ride 7 days a week and didn't want the drag and eyesore of the racks when not riding. The hitch and hitch mount are the best options for me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts