Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life: I am interested in purchasing a roof rack for the FiST, mainly because I want to mount some kayaks on the roof as well.

Will the roof rack affect the moon roof from opening and closing? Will the stock antenna be in the way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't answer to kayaks affecting the antennae but just mounted my Rola roof rack and can safely say that moon roof operates just fine. Here's a pic for reference. Let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks! How is the wind noise on the rola? What model did you get? Did you need a wind fairing?

I have a blue fist and the aluminum silver looks bad on it. I am looking for rhyno, Thule aeroblade, or rola because it comes in black.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is the GTX model found on Amazon. Comes with the two bars, mounts, and locks as well.

There is some wind noise at higher speeds but nothing too bad to be honest. The FiST isn't exactly the most quiet vehicle in regards to road noise so the wisp from the rack doesn't bother me that much.

Although a fairing would definitely help. I'm considering that down the line. It would have to be a fairing that fits elliptical bars though, like Inno or Rhino fairings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Curt hitch and hitch mount bike rack. Takes 30 seconds to mount the rack to the hitch.

I originally went with a Sea Sucker Talon but it was a pain to take off the front wheel and even more of a pain to clean the car in the suction cup areas before mounting.

I don't ride 7 days a week and didn't want the drag and eyesore of the racks when not riding. The hitch and hitch mount are the best options for me.
I know it might be bad etiquette to necro a post this old but did you take any pics or post any threads about the hitch receiver mounting process? I’m somewhat interested in mating a receiver to my new Fiesta ST but mostly so I can haul a small cargo trailer 🙇

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know it might be bad etiquette to necro a post this old but did you take any pics or post any threads about the hitch receiver mounting process? I’m somewhat interested in mating a receiver to my new Fiesta ST but mostly so I can haul a small cargo trailer 🙇
This forum is dead. The only active FiST forum now is this one. Fiesta ST Forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can't answer to kayaks affecting the antennae but just mounted my Rola roof rack and can safely say that moon roof operates just fine. Here's a pic for reference. Let me know if you have any questions!

Learn more about the Bike Rack here jeepequipment.com/best-bike-rack-for-jeep-wrangler-review/
A bike should be able to rest firmly against a bike rack – two points of contact is ideal. The frame and front wheel, which can swivel, need to rest fully supported against the rack and be able to lock to the bike rack with a U-style or similarly secure lock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who sells them for "the regular fiesta"? A model number would be great. Thanks
I have spent many months researching this. This is not for the faint hearted! I have a 3 door, could not find a rack to suit so removed rubber strips, fitted blind rivnuts in the gulley where the rubber strips came from, after drilling holes specified by rivnut installation & used the installation tool (like a huge poprivet gun). After etch priming & painting the bare metal of the holes. I was then able to install a roof rack, one that fits a vehicle with captive nuts.
The gullys are not parallel so had to cut & weld bars with a slight angle to suit. Also needed a spacer to bring rack mounts up to roof level.
The good news is I finally have a roof rack that is easily removed, 4 allen head screws, I can carry my kayak or mountain bikes and the only sign is the rivnuts in the gully that can be hidden by rubber strips! It is a major project! Cheers David

21 - 35 of 35 Posts