Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone though about fitting the top section of the centre console from US model to allow for Sat Nav inclusion? No one at Ford is saying much in regards to a possible upgrade to the Oz spec in 2015 to include this - why US and not Oz? Looking at it, hardware wise it couldn't be too hard. FoMoCo US sell the parts. Software should be easily overcome.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Getting maps etc may be an issue. Also the system surely would have a link to the ecu for the esp settings etc so wouldn't you be better off trying to find something out of the UK as their st's are German built 3 doors and are right hand drive as are ours. and sat navigation is an option available to them. USA sat navigation would be set up for a lhd car and I think for us all back to front

·
Registered
2 Posts
That would be pretty cool if someone could get it to work. The only part of the FiST I dont like is the whole stereo and tiny screen. It looks like someone smashed my Sony Stereo up, from 1989 and stuck it into the car. And seriously that tiny little screen is painfully small.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Its bizarre and perplexing as to why SAT/NAV and the 6 1/2" screen were not made available even as an option for Aussies. I'm definitely interested in hearing if anyone is able to get the right bits to make the upgrade.
It sucks too that the stereo is such a custom form factor that makes it impossible to install an aftermarket head unit. I haven't picked mine up yet but I'm hoping that I'll be not too disappointed in the stereo after my Lancer's Rockford Fosgate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stereo unit has decent sound, doubt you'll be dissappointed. A little hollow but overall. I have added lots of sound matting to the door and door cards and that makes a huge difference. Best $300 spent to far. Also, repainted (was actually a applied film - very fancy, cheap and faultless) fascia to match the trim and get rid of that awful piano black finish that just loves a good fingerprint. Easy and cost effective. Patterns available are endless.
Have contacted a few US Ford parts dealers and getting the dash fascia parts isnt a problem. Car audio buddy of mine has had a quick "dismantle" while we were doing all the door cards with matting and it came appart easily - for him!
He did make mention about the Focus having very similar Sony unit and sat nav so possibly the screen and brains behind it all could come together well. Will try post some photos

A lot of forum/media feedback about the dash in the vehicle. Admitteldly, its dated but once you've got your phone sync'd and driving, you tend to make use of the steering wheel controls more than the dash. I cant remember the last time, whilst driving I actuallty gave a second glance. More often checking the speedo and rear view mirror.....

·
Registered
728 Posts
More often checking the speedo and rear view mirror.....
I find myself doing that in this car more often than in any other car I have owned. God dam speed limits, speed traps and those god dam cameras! Very difficult to keep it at 60kph round the city when it has so much more to give and is so nimble at carving through traffic!

Reactions: MOFiST

·
Registered
30 Posts
The St's sold in the UK don't come withe radio codes. They are coded to the car from factory. If you bought one you would have to take it to Ford to get it paired.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Its bizarre and perplexing as to why SAT/NAV and the 6 1/2" screen were not made available even as an option for Aussies. I'm definitely interested in hearing if anyone is able to get the right bits to make the upgrade.
It sucks too that the stereo is such a custom form factor that makes it impossible to install an aftermarket head unit. I haven't picked mine up yet but I'm hoping that I'll be not too disappointed in the stereo after my Lancer's Rockford Fosgate.
I know this is old, but boy will you be dissapointed. Coming out of the lancer's soundscape into the FiST's (it was a good 2 weeks before I even turned the radio on) my first reaction, and I even said out loud to my self, was 'wtf is this shit?'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts