Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the track yesterday with my Dad,brother, and a buddy of mine. I went to watch as I own a lifted JK Wrangler. I have been lurking for a while, as I am thinking of Fusion or a Fiesta ST. I was shocked to see Gary( guys name I met for 2 minutes who owned the car) run a 14.1 on his first run. Kept right about 14.3 the other runs he made,as the track went to shit. He said he had a Cobb tuner and an intake. Are these little cars really that fast? I thought it was pretty cool to see.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I went to the track yesterday with my Dad,brother, and a buddy of mine. I went to watch as I own a lifted JK Wrangler. I have been lurking for a while, as I am thinking of Fusion or a Fiesta ST. I was shocked to see Gary( guys name I met for 2 minutes who owned the car) run a 14.1 on his first run. Kept right about 14.3 the other runs he made,as the track went to shit. He said he had a Cobb tuner and an intake. Are these little cars really that fast? I thought it was pretty cool to see.
Yeah they're deceptively fast. I've never heard of someone with a lifted Wrangler cross shopping a Fusion or a FiST haha. I think just about everyone on here will tell you that you can't go wrong with a FiST. I've never been in a Fusion but i'm sure they're great as well.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Damn you running 14's with just a stage 1 tune and an intake? You shaved almost 3 secs from stock...thats impressive.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Damn you running 14's with just a stage 1 tune and an intake? You shaved almost 3 secs from stock...thats impressive.

I don't go to the strip much but 17 seconds is probably as slow if not slower than a base fiesta. Like very slow.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yes, lol. I did 14.4 fresh off the highway and the track is 80miles from my house....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta change that sig now sir lol ;)

It's about a second faster at best, still a nice gain though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Again this was not my car, we were seeing how fast we could get my dads 2001 auto Mustang GT convert to go with a Vortech only, before he puts some Mickey Thompsons on it. [email protected] in case you were wondering. And some one questioned going from a Jeep to a Fusion/Fiesta, I have had a hand full of turbo cars over the years,NSRT4, Cobalt SST([email protected]) I loved that car, Mazdaspeed 6, 4 Mustangs in there, 4 Miatas in there as well. So I am kind of all over the board when it comes to cars. I am leaning toward a Fusion with the 1.6 and 6 speed, as I need a little more room than the Fiesta offers, but I just thought it was pretty cool that the Fiesta owner dropped almost a full second on an intake and tune on the 1.6. You guys have a very nice forum with loads of info, and I will definitely stay if I get a Fusion. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: MyRightFoot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not to take away fro the turbo swap guys, but at about $22k plus a swap, Am i the only one who thinks that pushing this car into the $25-26k price range is a bad investment when there are better, faster cars in that rang? Gen coupe, 5.0, WRX come to mind immediately. Keep in mind I'm only looking at this from a logical standpoint, the resale value on Fiestas and Foci has not been good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You should test drive one

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have, and a Focus ST, i like this car with a few bolt ons in the 13's, now that i see it is possible, i will have a choice to make.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cool. Just wanted to make sure. The FiST really surprised me on my test drive

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Again this was not my car, we were seeing how fast we could get my dads 2001 auto Mustang GT convert to go with a Vortech only, before he puts some Mickey Thompsons on it. [email protected] in case you were wondering. And some one questioned going from a Jeep to a Fusion/Fiesta, I have had a hand full of turbo cars over the years,NSRT4, Cobalt SST([email protected]) I loved that car, Mazdaspeed 6, 4 Mustangs in there, 4 Miatas in there as well. So I am kind of all over the board when it comes to cars. I am leaning toward a Fusion with the 1.6 and 6 speed, as I need a little more room than the Fiesta offers, but I just thought it was pretty cool that the Fiesta owner dropped almost a full second on an intake and tune on the 1.6. You guys have a very nice forum with loads of info, and I will definitely stay if I get a Fusion. Thanks guys.
Not a bad time for a heavy 2V! Get a converter and some tire and you'll be surprised at how much ET you'll drop.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts