Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm thinking on getting an alarm for the st but don't know where to start. The thing is I don't want to have an extra beeper to carry along lol. Is there any alarm that can work with the stock perimeter alarm thing at the same time??

·
Registered
31 Posts
It depends what you want to protect. If it is the opportunist thief who sees a coat or wallet they see in your car, smashes the window and runs off, no hope.
They will be long gone before anyone will even get off the couch to check the noise.
The amateur who wants to strip your car, I would expect the factory alarm would go off.
They would have to do their homework if they want to drive the car off.
I would be more concerned about a tow hitch or a professional 'lifting' the car.
I am sure most professional thieves are not worried about any alarm, factory or aftermarket.
A lojack or GPS tracking system would be best for those. Some alert you if you move out of a 'fence' and hopefully the police catch the scum as well.
Other than that, some use high voltage on the door handles but that might have legal repercussions. A few of these on the web.. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just picked up some wheel locks at Napa 12mmx1.5. Would post a pic but need to know if there is a specific area for members pics?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol i can only imagine buying 20 different wheel locks sets so each lug nut is different so that means you will will need 20 different keys to get all the wheels

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
58 Posts
It depends what you want to protect. If it is the opportunist thief who sees a coat or wallet they see in your car, smashes the window and runs off, no hope.
They will be long gone before anyone will even get off the couch to check the noise.
The amateur who wants to strip your car, I would expect the factory alarm would go off.
They would have to do their homework if they want to drive the car off.
I would be more concerned about a tow hitch or a professional 'lifting' the car.
I am sure most professional thieves are not worried about any alarm, factory or aftermarket.
A lojack or GPS tracking system would be best for those. Some alert you if you move out of a 'fence' and hopefully the police catch the scum as well.
Other than that, some use high voltage on the door handles but that might have legal repercussions. A few of these on the web.. :)
It kinda seems like you think alarms are pointless? Also, does the FiST come with an alarm built in? I was considering getting an alarm but I may just get a lo-jack system. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You can relocate the port or use a lock box or both:)

I seen an install with a GPS module, alarm with window controls, etc.....it can be tracked, remote started, etc...as long as a cell connection is maintained.

And it cannot be defeated unless they have the time for major surgery, it was buried and has a very hidden power supply that will run for months.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, mines getting a home made lock box. In the uk, the Ford Transit is the workhorse of a lot a businesses and its quite common for people to get them stolen via the odbii port. Sucks ford haven't fixed this security hole.
I'm going to get me a 30 dollar eBay gsm GOS tracker which can do all you mention above including remote fuel cut via SMS...!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Can those $30 Ebay units do remote start, arm, disarm, control the windows(my Duramax required a module in each door, a pain in the arse) track, shut down, trigger off the alarm and use a separate battery so cutting the car or truck cables does not effect it, not detectable(I guess somebody may have a higher end scanner to to that but not sure) ???

Seriously asking because I spent a small fortune on one system and need two more!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not really - but you can wire in controls to do stuff like cut fuel feed etc via SMS command, remotely trigger alarm (if the car is stolen then you get the GPS location, go look for it and then trigger the alarm when nearby and listen!) - see GPS Car Tracker with GPRS and Vehicle Theft Protection System (Model:TK103A) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003XDN58K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_26TEub0DEDEQ3 for an example. They usually have a small internal battery and a hard wire power connector too. It's not an alarm system, it's primarily a tracker with some remote control features via GSM SMS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
They're physically very small and have external antennae so you could bury in the dash etc. I don't think they're really detectable. Usually in the uk cars get stolen then parked up somewhere remote for a day or two just in case they have trackers - if no one comes looking a common thing is they get transferred into a container and then shipped overseas to eastern Europe

·
Registered
559 Posts
The Cobb Accessport has an anti-theft mode that cuts the fuel to the engine...have had to deal with that a few times not realizing I had put the car into anti theft mode on the AP...it works

·
Registered
559 Posts
Does this keep thieves from using the OBD2 port from overriding the Cobb anti-theft mode feature?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I would be interested in this as I think the odbii method would make the car override it as it thinks a valid key is present

1 - 19 of 19 Posts