Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come from a world of Scirocco's and GTI's and I'm used to the manuals available from Bentley Publishing. Has anyone come across anything like these for the Fiesta? Third-party or direct from Ford?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow, this brings back memories! Used to have quite a collection of Haines (or Haynes? Been sooo long ago) manuals for my British sports cars, on up to my 1979 RX7. I lived by those books, even enjoyed reading them, haha. But those were back in the days when cars were much simpler, and you could do a lot of the work yourself. Today, how much can you really do in your own garage? Even minor stuff can be a pain, or need a hazmat team standing by LOL.

Ahh, the days of setting points and plugs, setting timing, rebuilding Webber carbs or the RX7's 4 barrel. Changing out trannies and clutches. Or rebuilding a Triumph GT6 engine - and always finding some spare parts left over (from what? LOL).

·
Registered
923 Posts
Wow, this brings back memories! Used to have quite a collection of Haines (or Haynes? Been sooo long ago) manuals for my British sports cars, on up to my 1979 RX7. I lived by those books, even enjoyed reading them, haha. But those were back in the days when cars were much simpler, and you could do a lot of the work yourself. Today, how much can you really do in your own garage? Even minor stuff can be a pain, or need a hazmat team standing by LOL.

Ahh, the days of setting points and plugs, setting timing, rebuilding Webber carbs or the RX7's 4 barrel. Changing out trannies and clutches. Or rebuilding a Triumph GT6 engine - and always finding some spare parts left over (from what? LOL).
LOLz

·
Registered
104 Posts
I remember one chapter's name in one of my Triumph manuals that has always stuck with me:

Though Britannia rules the waves, why then can't their cars go through tiny puddles?

And back then, never realized I had to become a linguist, having to learn (the "Queen's) English. Boot, bonnet, adjustable spanner, grundy pipe, etc LOL.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I emailed the company that produces Haynes service manuals and asked if they were planning a 2013/2014 Fiesta service manual. The following is their quick reply:
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are sorry, but the manual you are requesting is not currently published or distributed via our Haynes US website (www.haynes.com) and there is no projected publishing date at this time. The only one we offer will cover years 1977 thru 1980.
Because of the extensive time and cost necessary to produce one of our manuals, it is not financially feasible to produce a manual for every model; we must base our decision on vehicle sales volume. Unfortunately, your vehicle model has not yet met the sales threshold necessary for us to begin work on a manual. We hope we will be able to produce a manual for your vehicle in the future, and we will do so as soon as it is feasible. That being said, we generally do not recommend our manuals for years, makes, or models that are not listed on the cover.

Please note:
The destination of your vehicle is the most important First Step for ID process. If your vehicle is made for the UK/Euro market, you will need to research the correct manual on the England site. Maybe it was destined for Australia/New Zealand/Japan (Pacific Rim) then research on the Australia site. Go to www.haynes.com, then Contact Us, then Around the Globe, then choose the Haynes website for the corresponding market.

For other manual options try:
-www.repairmanual.com
-www.helminc.com
-www.autobooksbishko.com

Again, thank you for your interest in Haynes automotive/motorcycle manuals!

Best regards,
Matt - Technical Research USA

·
Registered
545 Posts
I did a short sub to helminc to grab a few wiring diagrams, but I looked around and they have some good stuff there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ebay as of 3/17/2014 has a DVD noting:
[h=1]2014 Ford MUSTANG + FOCUS + TAURUS + FIESTA Service Repair Manual + WIRING[/h]http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Ford-MUSTANG-FOCUS-TAURUS-FIESTA-Service-Repair-Manual-WIRING-/201044301360?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AFord|Model%3AFiesta&hash=item2ecf2c9630&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
383 Posts
So there's no service manual yet? And no wiring diagram that doesn't cost $80?

·
Registered
545 Posts
The one MikeL77 linked is the one I use. Works great just need a windows PC and you have to roll the PC's date back to before the expiration date of the software.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Too much important stuff to be rolling back dates here buddy

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just temporarily while you have the program open. Once you close it you can set it back to the current date. Or just install it in a virtual machine, that's what I did ultimately.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone tried these yet? Do they also list the ST and all the different variation?

A couple Ebay sellers offer the Ford, Lincoln, Mercury DVD real shop manuals. The may expire in a couple months though. One way around that is to change the date on your computer to an earlier date when using the manual. They have full pics and instructions. See 2014 Ford Fiesta Factory Service Manual Repair Manual | eBay or 2014 Ford Mustang Focus Taurus Fiesta Service Repair Manual Wiring | eBay

·
Registered
4 Posts
I checked out the Motorcraft site, and drilled down to the FiST. Is this the best option for a workshop manual? Does anyone have any experience with this site and could speak as to how it works and if it's worth spending the dough? I was thinking of getting the 3-day subscription and then spending the time PDF'ing/printing the various instructions and chapters. Thoughts? I really miss the days of a big ol' paper manual. I don't get this digital crap.

motorcraft_workshop_manual_sub.jpg
Sorry - for some reason the image is coming through really tiny. The subscription fees are $11 for 3 days, $20 for a month and $110 for a year. Ugh.
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?pageid=cat_1&gutsid=productdetail

1 - 20 of 20 Posts