Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Room

Stock knob vs cobb knob vs WC lathe werks knob

The cobb knob feels better than stock because of the smooth roundness but makes the throws feel a bit longer than stock because the knob is slightly taller. The weight is lighter than stock and you can feel more of a vibrational connection to the car. The lighter throws makes it slightly more challenging and maybe a little more fun also to row through the gears.

The wc lathe werks (VP elite sphere) is the shortest knob out of the three and weighs the most. In my opinion this knob feels absolutely perfect because of the weight and height. The throws feels quite a bit shorter and more rewarding switching gears. I don't know how you can get a better knob. I also like that it's hand made opposed to mass produced. The only downside to this knob is it took 3 weeks to get in my hands after I ordered. You can pay for faster production or next day production. I didn't pay for anything extra, so expect a wait if you do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
427 Posts
I have the TWM M1 Abrams knob.
See here a video it's original owner posted.

· Registered
230 Posts
+1 for the WC knob. Paired with the mountune ssk it is just legendary

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

· Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the review! I was torn on which knob to get. I think the COBB looks cool (especially the white one with my Oxford white car), but I think function wins out over form for me...so, WC Lathe it is...I think...:confused:

· Registered
678 Posts
Thinking about the full stainless... probably won't happen soon, but if I were to get one, that'd likely be it. Pricey for a ball of metal though.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
That WC lathe knob is nice looking

· Registered
678 Posts
Mustangs don't use the same reverse lockout that we do, which is unfortunate. Our reverse gear lockout really hinders our choices. Though I wonder if an S2000 knob would fit without interfering... I have a weighted CR knob, might give that a try tonight.

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would avoid ebay knobs at all costs. I have only heard that they don't fit because they don't have a cutout for the reverse lockout. It's just a ball with a screw pattern drilled in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
230 Posts
I got the WC knob in stainless, gunmetal finish with small grooves and engraving. Not cheap but 150% worth it. I'll snap some pics tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.