Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice there is quite a bit of wiggle in the shifter. Or at least more than I'd like!

I'm running a Mountune short shift, but it doesn't change the wiggle at all.

Any ideas on whether it can be tightened up at all?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Typically that wiggle is from the bushings. Check Whiteline and see if they have a bushing set. I did that on my STI and it was just as big a difference as the short shifter was. I did notice that a lot more vibration came through the shifter just because of the harder duration of the bushing but it was absolutely worth it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. Which bushes are you referring to? I would have thought it would be the shifter cable itself that needed a bit of tightening, if that's possible. Whiteline only really makes suspension related bushes. I can't see how that's tied to the shifter.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hmmm. Which bushes are you referring to? I would have thought it would be the shifter cable itself that needed a bit of tightening, if that's possible. Whiteline only really makes suspension related bushes. I can't see how that's tied to the shifter.
I will look into it. I am not familiar with how the ST's shifter is set up so that may be different there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a few that might work. I'm waiting to hear back. I assume the same bushings that work for the Focus ST should work for the FiST. Or at least I hope.

JBR makes a set.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The bushings take absolutely all slop out and really tightens everything up. Even if you keep the stock shifter and throw in bushings most people would be fine with just that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it seems the Focus ST and FiST share different gearboxes. The Focus uses an MMT6 gearbox, the Fiesta ST an IB6 gearbox. That said, it's the shifter mechanism that counts, and the only way of finding out is to take off the trim pieces inside.

I've dropped a line to JBR but haven't heard back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts