Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm an owner of a new 2014 Fiesta ST, in tuxedo black. Picked it up about 2 weeks ago, and have fell in love! Anyways, I was noticed today a bit of a clunk when moving the shifter from 3rd into 4th. I had the music pretty low, and could hear it. It wasn't a "something is clearly broken" but more of a mechanical noise. Didn't feel any resistance, and was able to replicate it a few more times after. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Noise frrom inside the car (aka Shifter bottoming out in throw) or does it seem to come from outside the car (aka under the hood) counter weight on shifter mech bumping something as it ends it's throw..

Could maybe just need a adjustment linky on how to here..

As you can see the counter weight on the shifter mechinism is rather heavy and may contribute to the sounds..

(its the large weight with the single vertical ball mount on it in this pic)
Product Pump Plumbing Auto part Machine

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitly coming from inside the car, I guess my gearbox.
Noise frrom inside the car (aka Shifter bottoming out in throw) or does it seem to come from outside the car (aka under the hood) counter weight on shifter mech bumping something as it ends it's throw..

Could maybe just need a adjustment linky on how to here..

As you can see the counter weight on the shifter mechinism is rather heavy and may contribute to the sounds..

(its the large weight with the single vertical ball mount on it in this pic)
View attachment 1358

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Mine makes a little clack/clunk from 1-2 but not 3-4. I guess it's just the trans in these cars. hopefully not ALL of these are defective. my worry is my 2'nd gear under load when dragging the clutch out chatters LOUDLY. Have that too?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Havnt experience clutch noise at all. I do hear a small squeek at times when releasing the clutch pedal tho.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yeah mine chatters loudly if i decide to get a little excited with the gas. Oh well, if it breaks I have a warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
634 Posts
EDIT; After a couple days of spirited hard driving and really getting on the transmission it seems that everything is corrected and my car shifts smoothly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
...Anyways, I was noticed today a bit of a clunk when moving the shifter from 3rd into 4th...
EDIT; After a couple days of spirited hard driving and really getting on the transmission it seems that everything is corrected and my car shifts smoothly
Hi Guys,

If you ever need any assistance in the future, I'm here! Don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Meagan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts