Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share my winter tire/wheel combo from tirerack in the case my fellow cold weather state Fiesta drivers are also shopping for their combo.

Wheels : 16x7 Sparco Terra Light Grey Painted (Thought these gave the car a rally look)
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...utoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=

Tires: 205/45R16 Pirelli Winter Sottozero 210(These were the best tiresrecommended by tirerack, and also seemed to get really good reviews)
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?

Hope this helps anybody doing their research! By the way, I drove into work on them this morning on completely dry roads and they were comfortable and not noisy.
IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0017.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yours look awesome. I'll be putting my snow shoes on later this week. Also a fresh set from Tirerack, although their Blizzak WS80 over steelies. Let me know how yours work this season. Forecasting 5-8 inches today.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yours look awesome. I'll be putting my snow shoes on later this week. Also a fresh set from Tirerack, although their Blizzak WS80 over steelies. Let me know how yours work this season. Forecasting 5-8 inches today.

Thanks man! A fellow Michigander! I purposely went out in the snow storm Saturday night and these performed amazingly, with the help of the traction control, I was able to safely come to a stop, turn, accelerate with confidence. From the looks if things here in Southfield, I might get to test them again on the drive home!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've got the same tire and wheel setup for winter and although the tires are good, they're not great... I actually considered getting some blizzacks this year since those are the best snow tires I've ever driven on. Problem is the blizzacks aren't so great when it's dry and somewhat warm (in the 40's). Not trying to make you regret your decision since it'll be 200% better than without them, but after the brutal winter we had here in Boston last year, I can say there were many days I wished I had better tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the same tire and wheel setup for winter and although the tires are good, they're not great... I actually considered getting some blizzacks this year since those are the best snow tires I've ever driven on. Problem is the blizzacks aren't so great when it's dry and somewhat warm (in the 40's). Not trying to make you regret your decision since it'll be 200% better than without them, but after the brutal winter we had here in Boston last year, I can say there were many days I wished I had better tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey man,

No worries! I hear ya on the tires. I almost went with smaller rims so I could get the general ultimax artics which I had on my Toyota Yaris. They were amazing in the crazy winters we've had these past 2 years in Michigan (We pass all of our snow storms over to you when they're done here, you're welcome :) ). Decided this year to try the Pirelli's since I have a more performance oriented car this year and also because of the fact that I can work from home if the roads truly are impassible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I almost hate to ask, but did you have them installed or do it yourself? I juuuust got a quote from the dealer for nearly $1300 installed for snow shoes, and I'm trying to get that right balance between value and safety. Winter performance here in MN isn't going to be an issue (I'm not looking to race, just not wreck). Since I'm essentially clueless on tires I've let this issue go for too long and now I'm realizing that I need to address getting and installing snow tires. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I almost hate to ask, but did you have them installed or do it yourself? I juuuust got a quote from the dealer for nearly $1300 installed for snow shoes, and I'm trying to get that right balance between value and safety. Winter performance here in MN isn't going to be an issue (I'm not looking to race, just not wreck). Since I'm essentially clueless on tires I've let this issue go for too long and now I'm realizing that I need to address getting and installing snow tires. Thanks.

Hey man,

I installed them myself but got them pre-mounted and everything from tirerack.com. Total price OTD was $1,353.32 shipped to my door. This also included an extra set of lug nuts and a TPMS trainer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts