Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new HF DA 6" polisher. I probably won't be worrying about swirl marks yet.
So, what pads should I get, and where will I find the best price for them?
I was thinking about using 3M products. What should I use?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Use the Harbor Freight pads. They are only 4.99 each. I have used the Lake Country pads which are good but the Harbor Freight one work just as well and are 1/3 of the price. Buff N' Shine makes their pads. I use the blue pad with Meguiars #205 Ultra Finishing Polish followed by Meguiars #26 Liquid Wax with a gray foam pad. Pads & both Meguiars products are sold in Harbor Freight.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
First things first need a clean car and then you need to clay it before you work on it with any tools.

I dont know anything about the new fancy microfiber stuff everything i read says its great. I do know that foam pads work with the right combination. I use lake country pads cause I know they work and don't damage my paint. If you don't need cutting and just want to do polishing you want white pads and meguair's 205. (i use meguair's lots of choices of simmilar and functional products) Black or red pads and some sort of high quality wax of your choice. I just look for something with minimal fillers that is synthetic.

oh yeah make sure you have something totally clean and soft to wipe the car off with or you can get those micro swirls again. zaino borderless blonde is what i am using atm, they are insanely soft. Even scrubbing VERY hard removing hard 105 leaves the finish looking perfect. I just bought some eagle edgeless but i am not sold on synthetic microfiber yet, they feel soft though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very true. Wash, dry, clay bar, if vehicle is a 2014 it shouldn't need compound just the Meguiars #205 Ultra Polish with a blue foam pad followed by Meguiars #26 with a dark gray pad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
And my car is a year old with 11,000 miles but still looks new with the wash,dry,clay bar,Meguiars #205 Ultra Polish with blue polishing pad followed by the Meguiars #26 Liquid with a gray waxing pad.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've personally had better luck with sealers. They are tougher than waxes and just wipe on/wipe off. I have a 35 mile daily commute each way, and there are alot of gravel trucks. The one I like the best is Sonax polymer net shield.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you apply the Sonax sealer yourself ? How long does it take to apply, & is it difficult to aplly ? Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts