Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends.

Right now, my FiST is stock with the tires set to the OEM spec'd pressure. My significant other finds the ride a little harsh on her boobs. I know that sounds ridiculous but all the little bumps and jolts end up hurting the boobies. as a man, I must protect the boobs. So I need to make the ride a touch softer. I have heard the harshness in ride is largely due to our 17" wheels and thin sidewalls.

Silliness aside, to soften the ride for daily driver use I am considering stepping down to 16" wheels, which will allow me a fatter sidewall tire - what will yield the desired effect, stepping down to 16s, or perhaps coilovers with adjustable damping?

Trying to figure out what my options are.

·
Registered
77 Posts
15's fit too, cheaper options for tires and wheels too, probably $700 for a decent setup and you could get always easily swap back to the stock setup.

·
Registered
556 Posts
What about the suspension off a Titanium or an SE?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Wisconsin and have the same concern. It looks like SE springs are only $70 for all 4. The ST shocks also have more rebound than the SE.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Anyone ever tried Koni FSD shocks? I had Bilsteins on my last car but these looked interesting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get her some better bras? Or maybe she should wear sports bras? LOL

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen......

The 15s may soften it a bit but are you going to change them out when ever she comes with? All the suggestions people have made will change the dynamics of the car, especially going to the softer SE springs.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen......

The 15s may soften it a bit but are you going to change them out when ever she comes with? All the suggestions people have made will change the dynamics of the car, especially going to the softer SE springs.
Yeah the sports bra mod makes the most sense so far. You don't wanna mess with the car dynamics. :p

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
dont mess with suspension. 16" wheels and good michelin tires will soften it up.
this sounds like the best gameplan. Now to pick out a set of ESM wheels in 16"... more styles/colors are avail in 16" so I am going to shoot for those or see if I can score a set of standard Fiesta wheels.

Anyone else who has coilovers want to chime in? I recently did a story on two brothers with E92 and F30 BMW 3-series and both are on coilovers (ST and KW V1s - which are literally the same thing just the kw's galvanized and better for places where they salt roads etc) and they mentioned their cars actually ride better than stock on the coilovers. I really like my ride dynamics, and I felt like I could still retain my sporty handling and grip by stepping her down to 16s, maybe 225/50 or 55 zr16s.

If I was going to go to 225 on a 16" wheel what sidewall should I go with to keep the speedo accurate?

·
Registered
142 Posts
The 225/45/16 would be the size that would be the closest. The 225/50/16 will rub on hard turns.

If you are looking for taller a 215/55 or 205/55/16 will be the ones but the speedo will be off a bit. You won't be able to go any taller on a 225 tire then the 50 aspect ratio.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I hope it looks like this....if so we need proof

Why not hold them for her? She would appreciate the gesture I'm sure!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts