Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Fiesta ST owners and lurkers:

I am set to receive a new Fiesta ST next month. Car comes standard with Max Summer Performance Bridgestone RE050A 205/40-17 tires. I'd like to take those off as soon as the car lands and put on some quality all-season tires (like Kuhmo Ecsta 4X).

Is there any interest here for these takeoffs?

I'm hoping to get them off while they still have the new tire ink you find on some tires, but anyway, soon after arrival.

Tirerack lists them for $208 each. I figure I'd sell them for something like $100 each plus shipping if sold to a remote buyer. I'm in Redmond, WA. I suppose it will depend on how quickly I can get them off.

Rationale for Swapping to AS

These are fine tires, but I'm trying to juggle a couple of requirements and don't want 3 sets of wheels. Here are my requirements:

• Everyday 3-season driving in a comparatively temperate climate (Pacific NW)
  • Alternative vehicle winter driving availability in mostly a cold, wet environment, with VERY occasional snow
  • Maybe 3 or 4 car club track days a year tops

I have dedicated wheels with studless snow tires for our other 3 cars (2 of which are AWD and other is a FWD cruiser). I don't really need to have another car that is snow capable, but I would like a car with a compound that can take the cold, wet weather. Summer tires turn into ice pucks under like 40 degrees.

So, my plan is to run all seasons on the stockers and get a set of track wheels with something sticky. What that setup will be is still undetermined (15, 16, 17; R-compound vs. extreme summer performance). All depends on how sucked back into it I want to get. The last time it was a rat hole and I had to unload the car to dig my way out.

----- ----- ------

So: If you are interested, please ping me. If folks do contact me on this feeler notification, I'll make a list for when I actually put them up for sale (probably early May due late April arrival and travel plans). I'll contact you everyone in FIFO order (as best as possible) to offer the tires for sale before placing any for sale ads. After that, I'll post an ad with photos, etc.

I'll be placing this inquiry and then the ad itself on a couple of car forums that I frequent.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just found this, if the shipping isn't outrageous to NH i might consider doing this, i like the 'stones, they just wear insanely quick.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Durn, here i was hoping i would solve my tire problems. Oh well, i guess a Wheel+Tire Pack is in sight for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.