Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the spark plugs are commercially available? Is there a colder range available yet? I can't find my ST addendum. I think I saw the stock 1.6L ST plug in the addendum. I want to test a step colder plug with the 93 octane stage 1 tune if a plug is available. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
From my information. FoMoCo OE plug CYFS13YRC.
NGK recommended plug, ILZTR6A8-G. This plug is only available from the Ford dealer. NGK will not sell it to you directly, for some unknown reason.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
From my information. FoMoCo OE plug CYFS13YRC.
NGK recommended plug, ILZTR6A8-G. This plug is only available from the Ford dealer. NGK will not sell it to you directly, for some unknown reason.
Weird .. I have read on the FoST forums that Ford has come out with a cooler plug for those Hi-Po cars. Wonder if it has anything to do with the Mountune Kit coming ?? Just thinking aloud here

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess I'll have to wait for awhile until a colder plug option becomes available... I do this crazy modification to the plugs that returns better mpg and a tad bit more power. Indexing AND an electrode modfication. But doing it on a turbo four is a bit different. I don't use shims for indexing, I just buy a few extra plugs and find the four I need to get that perfect angle. lol :p I used a colder Autolite XP iridium plug in my Mazdaspeed 3 and it ran just fine. XP-5364 is the stock heat range for the Mazdaspeed 3. The stock heat range for our car is Autolite XP-5363 which is the SAME colder option plug for the MS3. By the way, the stock plugs for the MS3 were also FoMoCo plugs, the same as ours just one heat range higher. heh ;)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm gathering FoMoCo SP-532 is the correct replacement plug for our car, based on Autolite's cross reference for XP-5363. Then FoMoCo SP-531 = Autolite XP5364 (which is a hotter plug but will also fit our vehicle as well and is stock heat range for MS3). Makes you wonder how similar the head (and combustion chamber) is on the FoST 2.0L and the 2.3L MS3 engine. Mazda was owned by Ford for awhile (or was it the other way around?). FWIW, the FoST uses the same exact plug (type and heat range) as the FiST so if there is a colder range plug available for it, then it will work in our car too. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weird .. I have read on the FoST forums that Ford has come out with a cooler plug for those Hi-Po cars. Wonder if it has anything to do with the Mountune Kit coming ?? Just thinking aloud here
The FoST uses the same spark plug as the FiST, at least according to Autolites cross reference.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It certainly runs a Hot plug. The NGK ILZTR6A8-G, with the 6 indicating the heat range is NGKs second hottest plug. Why so hot?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
1 step colder are the Denso itv22 or NGK LTR7IX-11. 2 step colder (frpp plug) is the Denso itv24. Rock Auto stocks both For cheap
You have a link? I just want to go one step colder. Those plugs in your link sure do look different than an Autolite XP-5363 (threads and electrode "neck") and different than the Mazdaspeed 3 plugs. Maybe it's just a file photo and not actual?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to go pull a plug and take a look at it. I still have factory installed FoMoCo MS3 plugs around here somewhere... lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I did it earlier in about 10 minutes. lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The plug in the picture in my link is for a 3v 4.6. The plugs I listed look just like the OE plugs and were found reading through the focusst.org forum
That would explain it. I looked at that plug and whispered under my breath "Those aren't going to work" LOL. I found the correct "looking" NGK colder plugs @ Autoplicity.com :p

·
Registered
490 Posts
Will never ever touch Denso plugs again. I imported a set from the UK for my MK6 Fiesta ST, and it was a dog. Pulled them out after a 100 miles and went back to OEM spec.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts