Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know how if there is some type of adapter available to put in 6.5 inch speakers. Im trying to do all 4 doors. Also the stock speakers have 4 cables and my new speakers have a + and -

·
Registered
656 Posts
I will get to my doors in a few weeks or a bit longer and figure it all out but until then...wish I could help.

I will upgrade the fronts, probably remove the rears to save a little weight and never run rears on any build I do including the $20k system I had in my audio competition Tacoma.

I will be looking into adding some mini amps, class H most likely as still not a fan of D class but they are getting better.

Sub, I will look into that at the time as well.

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any one know how if there is some type of adapter available to put in 6.5 inch speakers. Im trying to do all 4 doors. Also the stock speakers have 4 cables and my new speakers have a + and -
They could have 4 wires one set for the tweeters and one set for the mid speakers. I also had a competition expedition. That's interesting someone else is interested in same thing as me on the forum. Lol. I had 2 sundown 3500s on 2 SSA zcon 18s along with 2 kinetic 3800s and a dc power 200amp alt. I been wanting to start something in the fist. What size are the door speakers to start with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
They could have 4 wires one set for the tweeters and one set for the mid speakers. I also had a competition expedition. That's interesting someone else is interested in same thing as me on the forum. Lol. I had 2 sundown 3500s on 2 SSA zcon 18s along with 2 kinetic 3800s and a dc power 200amp alt. I been wanting to start something in the fist. What size are the door speakers to start with?

Also forgot to mention I pulled a 150.4 on spl and a 124 drive by thru a meca termlab.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Please see my thread about bass in the ST, we can do it right and add little or less weight than stock as I am doing:)

-------------------

And thread about speaker locations in the car as well.

-------------------

I will be posting a bit of a tutorial on optimizing the sound systems yet keeping the weight in check while doing so.

Rick

·
Registered
169 Posts
I added a jl w3 shallow woofer on a jl 500. And man. Thing sounds amazing. I haven't done the speakers yet but that's my sub setup. I still thinking about moving the amp. I just need it to stay cool out here in az. Also maybe added 25lbs. Not that big of a deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's a little more of a pricey setup cause it's first off jl and second off cause it a preloaded jl box they build. I paid 550 for it all. But that cause I have a huge hook up out here in az. But if your looking for best possible prices on stuff. Sonic electronix.com they have prolly best prices over anywhere

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's prolly like a 750ish all said and done set up. With the jl wiring and everything.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah I used to do competition stuff with meca. But that was few years ago. It was really easy. Rain the high to low in the b pillar passenger side. It was easy.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts