Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a teaser: 006.jpg 036a.jpg

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
42 offset. I'll get some better pictures tomorrow. Looks a lot better in person. Desperately needs a drop now, gap in the front is more pronounced due to the difference between 42 and 47 offset.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: Pelotonracer2

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea how much room you have left to fit a wider tire in there ?? not that anyone makes one but am curious ...
I'll check in the morning and let you know. It was tight with the stock set up, less than a half an inch. However, with the 42 offset, you may be able to fit a 225. I have no issues whatsoever with the 215s...

Reactions: rodmoe

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't tell any difference (in width) between the Direzza D2s in 215/40-17 and a 225/45-16 at Discount Tire. I think the Direzzas run a bit wide because there is a BIG difference in width between my stock 205 an these.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Never been a fan of black wheels in general. Still holds true. I know it's hard(because 4x108 sucks balls) but I try to stay away from tirerack. The selection is typically cheap, but the wheels are cheap for a reason.... As long as you like it, that's all that matters. Just wanted to give you an honest opinion.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a big fan of the chrome lip style, but at least you went wider. These guys getting the stock size surprises me, I understand aftermarket wheels are generally lighter, but if I was dropping money on different wheels, they wouldnt be the stock size lol. So kudos on that
It's actually not chrome, it's "machined" (not polished). I actually really like it. Black wheels tend to kind of mesh with tires and it's all a blur. The machined lip just separates where the wheels end and the tires begin. If I decide I don't like it, I can easily black the lip out.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never been a fan of black wheels in general. Still holds true. I know it's hard(because 4x108 sucks balls) but I try to stay away from tirerack. The selection is typically cheap, but the wheels are cheap for a reason.... As long as you like it, that's all that matters. Just wanted to give you an honest opinion.
I appreciate ALL comments, good and bad. lol. I will take better pictures in better light now that the car is clean and you can actually see the red calipers behind the wheels.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not a big fan of the chrome lip style, but at least you went wider. These guys getting the stock size surprises me, I understand aftermarket wheels are generally lighter, but if I was dropping money on different wheels, they wouldnt be the stock size lol. So kudos on that
I really wanted the O.Z. Ultraleggeras in black. Two things held me back. 1. Price and 2. they only come in 17x7s. If they were 17x7.5s, I would have them on my car today. :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I really wanted the O.Z. Ultraleggeras in black. Two things held me back. 1. Price and 2. they only come in 17x7s. If they were 17x7.5s, I would have them on my car today. :)
I feel you man, I also like that wheel a lot. Its this damn bolt pattern. There's a decent amount of wheels, they're just all way more narrow than I'd like.
I'm waiting for someone to make a nice 16x8 wheel, I have a feeling it's going to be a hefty wait.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing is for sure, steering feel and directness is very much improved. Doesn't feel nearly as "darty" on the highway. Some people may not like the Direzza D2s, they are very noisy which is to be expected (there's a lot more rubber contacting the road). I can't comment on traction improvement yet.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I am on the fence, what's the weight?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I am on the fence, what's the weight?
I went back and forth, back and forth... Sparco Assetto Garas , Sport Tuning T9, O.Z. Ultraleggeras, Axis Sport Xplode, Motegi Racing MR125s... back and forth, back and forth. I settled for the Sport Tuning T9 based on the fact that they are drilled only for 4-108 bolt pattern, lighter than stock and 7.5" width. I REALLY wanted the O.Zs but the 7" width was not what I wanted. Wheel weight is 19.5 pounds

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
004a.jpg 024a.jpg 011a.jpg 025a.jpg Of course, I detailed my car yesterday and it rained today... ugggh. lol :p

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Any idea how much room you have left to fit a wider tire in there ?? not that anyone makes one but am curious ...
It's rainy outside today. I don't want to lay down on my back and get all wet. I will check when the rain moves out. Heh :p

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, and the ST center cap badges didn't work out... the red was way too dark. :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm glad you did this. I was looking at the 215s in the ZII as that is the only tire in the 215/40/17 that I would consider autocrossing with. There is even less choice in the 205s and I really don't want to go to a 16 though I may have to because I don't think 215/45s will fit (the only smaller 17 that has the R1Rs)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts