Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Has anyone taken Ford's ST Octane Academy in Utah (USA)? It looks awesome as it's only for ST owners. You need to provide your VIN and they will verify your ownership.

ST Octane Academy

:cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks cool. If you do the checkout process post the price please. I dont feel like putting my info in but I bet its more than I can afford.(If you gotta ask, you cant afford it)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks cool. If you do the checkout process post the price please. I dont feel like putting my info in but I bet its more than I can afford.(If you gotta ask, you cant afford it)
unknown, but I signed up for more info. I'm really interested in attending this.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got this in email........

Thank you for your interest in ST Octane Academy.

Please note: You did not sign-up for an actual class. You signed-up to receive more info on the ST Octane Academy. This info will most likely be available Autumn 2013.

At the heart of this complimentary program provided by Ford and Ford Racing instructors at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, initial owners of 2013 and 2014 Focus ST and the 2014 Fiesta ST are being offered the chance to learn firsthand the capabilities of their cars – and themselves. The schedule will be announced later this summer.

Ford’s ST Octane Academy provides Focus ST and Fiesta ST owners with a full immersion into the Ford ST experience, with driving instruction and extensive course time with professional instructors. The intent is to demonstrate the performance capabilities of the owners’ cars and to improve their driving skills – all while having fun.

The program is inspired by Octane Academy, the competition TV series founded by Ford and featuring motorsports superstars Ken Block, Brian Deegan, Tanner Foust and Vaughn Gittin Jr. On the show, amateur drivers compete for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to jump-start their racing careers. The four professional drivers put the competitors through a variety of driving and action sports challenges to determine the winner of Octane Academy.

Thanks for your interest and for registering to get more information. We'll contact you as program dates and options become available

·
Registered
54 Posts
I get more than enough track time as it is, but I think that Ford is being a bit disingenuous by offering a "complimentary" driving school in just one location.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Long way for me to go for track time. I would like to do it, but the cost of air fare and hotel will be way more than it is worth. I've already taken mine to NJMP and since I instruct it cost me half of a hotel room fee,$40.

·
Registered
678 Posts
The cost is $0, just transportation and hotel. I think it would be cool - about a days drive for me from SoCal. Kinda a bummer for east coasters, they should run something at VIR.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I thought about flying out to do this..would like to coordinate with another FiST owner to share/split cost. I get a lot of track time too, but always fun to do new track :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I might do this - I was planning a trip out to the desert for a couple of weeks this spring to shoot pictures anyway. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
212 Posts
If it was driving distance I would be there, no questions asked. I like to do a new track every year. For me it would be cheaper to pay for Mid Ohio, driver there and rent a hotel room for 2 days than it would be to fly and get a hotel room for MMP. It would be great if they did VIR. That is my home track.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Seems like a bit of a waste of time for few solo laps . Looks to be pretty basic with most last follow the leader or instructor driven.. Ill post a pic of my work drivin at some point...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just signed up for the June 10-11th session. I live in Salt Lake City, so its only a 30 minute drive to MMP. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just signed up ,April 1-3, my daughter and I will drive up from LA, It is a 12 hours drive. We are also taking a one day Mustang GT day after the ST school is over. I can't wait, I have been on almost very Race track in the west in Arizona, Nevada, and California. And yes we are driving the Fiesta.
Ron

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am alittle confused. Do we need to bring our own car there? If not then this might be plausible.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts