Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer is trying to turn a bad purchase experience around. I got pretty hosed on a deal, left some candid feedback that quickly got my phone calls returned. LONG story short, they are trying to locate a vehicle with less than 10 miles sitting on a lot in my area. I asked if I could order a new one, and they said No. They said the factory is no longer accepting orders for ST's. Are they still jerking me around, or is this true? They said it could be 6-8 months or more before they start making new builds of ST's. Ford Reps confirm this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Obviously I'm not a Ford rep but my guess from what I was told when I ordered mine is that your dealership does not have an allocations to order an ST. From what I understand there's only an X number of allocations for the FiST given out to all the dealerships in the country so that dealership might've already used theirs or if they're a small dealership they might not have been given any in the first place. Go luck sorry to hear your having problems. It's disappointing that Ford is still having problems with orders on these cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer is trying to turn a bad purchase experience around. I got pretty hosed on a deal, left some candid feedback that quickly got my phone calls returned. LONG story short, they are trying to locate a vehicle with less than 10 miles sitting on a lot in my area. I asked if I could order a new one, and they said No. They said the factory is no longer accepting orders for ST's. Are they still jerking me around, or is this true? They said it could be 6-8 months or more before they start making new builds of ST's. Ford Reps confirm this?
Yes the factory should be still accepting orders. I think they are just trying to make you pick something off their lot. See link, was just updated with a faster production timeline by two weeks.

Fleet Vehicles | Times Delays, Downtime & Production Delays

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the factory should be still accepting orders. I think they are just trying to make you pick something off their lot. See link, was just updated with a faster production timeline by two weeks.

Fleet Vehicles | Times Delays, Downtime & Production Delays
Well, they are actually having to pull the vehicle from another dealer in the area so they aren't pushing a local lot car. They are having to go up to 450 miles away to pull the car. I'm not too thrilled about some guy driving my car that far. I'm actually pushing to ride along with and drive it back myself. It's been quite the ordeal. The unfortunate part is the other local dealer has a car that would be perfect, but they will not dealer swap locally. They aren't exactly on speaking terms with each other.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I checked my resources, and it looks like the next round of scheduling won't be until mid spring with builds beginning late spring, far sooner than the 6-8 months you were told.

Obviously I'm not a Ford rep but my guess from what I was told when I ordered mine is that your dealership does not have an allocations to order an ST. From what I understand there's only an X number of allocations for the FiST given out to all the dealerships in the country so that dealership might've already used theirs or if they're a small dealership they might not have been given any in the first place. Go luck sorry to hear your having problems. It's disappointing that Ford is still having problems with orders on these cars.
What you mentioned about allocation is a definite possibility. I don't have any information on how or when allocation is decided, though.

Meagan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Megan! I appreciate the inside information. I may need to use it soon. I am just ready to be done dealing with the dealer. They did locate a car for me, but it is over 500 miles away. I'm pushing for a plan B.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I ordered a 2015 model and just got the vin from the dealer, So I did a pre-check and it states the car was built in 17/12/14.... how is that a 2015 model?

FordEtis home page

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's the way the model years work the 2016's should be out in late summer

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to say thanks again to the invaluable service the Ford reps provide to the community here. It's ridiculous the shenanigans that some of the dealers try and pull. I never dreamed I would be one of the "lucky" few to have a story. The internet is a wonderfully powerful tool. It is crazy to think that we cannot find out the truth. I received my order confirmation tonight from my dealer....here's to hoping it gets done right.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would like to say thanks again to the invaluable service the Ford reps provide to the community here. It's ridiculous the shenanigans that some of the dealers try and pull. I never dreamed I would be one of the "lucky" few to have a story. The internet is a wonderfully powerful tool. It is crazy to think that we cannot find out the truth. I received my order confirmation tonight from my dealer....here's to hoping it gets done right.
You're welcome! Closer to St. Patrick's Day, send me a PM with your order number and dealer code, I'll take a peek. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
361 Posts
I ordered a 2015 model and just got the vin from the dealer, So I did a pre-check and it states the car was built in 17/12/14.... how is that a 2015 model?

FordEtis home page
My 2014 was built in July of 2013.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any car built after June of 2014 is a 2015 model year car.

·
Registered
305 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts