Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

Just after peoples opinions if these figures sound on par with other stock reading from members or are a concern. I am very happy with the numbers but i would have assumed the power would have been a little more.

Details you should know:
1. Stock with 2500kms
2. Used Dynapack Hub Dyno
3. Power in KW, Torque in NM

This is the first Fiesta ST the tuning house has worked on so no info on boost etc. Readings were over 6 runs with a peak of 123kws and a minimum of 118kws.

If anyone else has dyno graphs either rolling road or hubs, would you please share.

Dyno2.jpg Dyno1.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dynos are only good for comparison on the same car on the same dyno. You could take you ST to 20 different dynos and all would come up with different numbers, and they would be all over the place. More than likely, this dyno just reads low. More important than the numbers are how the numbers change when you perform modifications.

On another note, of all the other dynos I have seen, one constant is how consistent the car dynos. Your swing in numbers indicates to me that you may not be on the most reliable dyno.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I am well aware of the "every dyno is different", and have experienced different readings with my old cars, but could it just be operator error in the setup, or even the way the loud pedal was applied. What i mean by this is, going off those figures does it look like it went into overboost mode? When he did all the runs the pedal was just smoothly applied to build up revs, but doesn't overboost kick in when the pedal is applied quickly and firmly?

262nm vs 290nm is only a 9.6% loss, Hubs to Fly, which i think is pretty good, and signifies possibly overboost is doing its job.

123kws x 147kw is 16.3% loss, Hubs to Fly, which is quite a lot.

I am debating weather to get it dynoed again (maybe rolling road) as the numbers should be less compared to numbers at hubs. If i get the same numbers, then i will conclude the first dyno wasnt setup properly.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
106 Posts
That does seem rather low considering in the US they seem to be getting more than stock torque figures on the dynos (300nm mark roughly). I'll probably do a few dynos here and there at stock once run in and then when I start playing around with mods. Document it well.

Hopefully there's a little potential in these engines to get some good gains.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts