Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about picking up a RF all in one sub setup for my FiST anyone have experience with this? Any issues with installs that you guys have ran into? The stock system isn't bad but my previous cars have all had upgraded sound systems and ours seems to lack stock bass a bit. That's what im considering going with. My other option would be a bazooka tube style setup placed next to the spare tire under the hatch cover. I guess if our cars can support my ideal setup would be an 8 inch Sundown or Ascendant audio w/ an oldschool rockford amp but with the stock sony headunit is it possible? Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-10 Single 10" subwoofer enclosure with 300-watt amp at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm planning on doing this soon. Tap in to a rear speaker - if your amp accepts speaker level inputs, super; if not, use a line-out converter (around $20, converts speaker level to RCA level)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah I have a Kicker sub/amp compact 8" under the passenger seat. Is just right imo although a second would give it some serious kick. Just took it out last week though as I had to send it back I think the coil is faulty... I miss it

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeah I have a Kicker sub/amp compact 8" under the passenger seat. Is just right imo although a second would give it some serious kick. Just took it out last week though as I had to send it back I think the coil is faulty... I miss it
I was going to go that route but I knew I was going to want more bump in the trunk if you will.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Same here, I've been running my Kenwood under-seat amp/sub for almost a year now. Plenty of kick for me. I'm not looking to get into an SPL battle with anyone at a stop light. :D

I haul too many babies and too much crap around on occasion to give up trunk real-estate.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Got it in. Actually have it laying down (with velcro to stop sliding) so that the parcel shelf closes properly. Amp is affixed to seat directly behind it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sounds good for what it is, nothing too crazy. Will try and take a video and see how it comes out. Maybe some Bach or Mozart for you. Lmao

·
Registered
12 Posts
recently installed the soundstorm 8 inch. Ran the power, remote, and high level inputs under the driver seat, under the center console, then under the passenger seat rails and grounded it at the front passenger seat floor bolt. Here's my thoughts that'll make the install easier:

1. If you're trying to run the power cable to the battery through the firewall behind the clutch pedal, find the longest screwdriver you have and tape the power cable to that. I found it much easier to wedge it around the outside of the grommet this way. This took me about 3 hours of anger and google to find this tip on a year old comment on a random aussie fiesta subwoofer install youtube video. God bless that man.
2. T-Taps. If you're not going to cut, solder, and heat shrink your connections, T-taps will work better with the limited space you have if you're tapping into the twisted pairs of speaker wire located behind the B-pillar. I used the standard wire taps on the twisted pair and spent way too much time trying to make it work.
3. I read online that the fiesta seat bolt (for the ground) is a T-55 or a T-50. This wasn't the case for me. I'm like 99% sure it's a T-40, but autozone should be cool and let you walk out to double check fitment before purchasing. This may be different between model years, so don't trust everything you read.
4. I didn't need to hide the power wire through the channel covered by the weather stripping. I literally tucked it up under the trim where the carpet meets the edge.
5. High level input- I only used the signal from one speaker. I Don't plan on messing with the left/right/front/back settings too much, so I didn't see it necessary to have to run any extra wiring. It works fine for this application.
6. Get a multimeter- if you've got a harbor freight near you, they're like 5 dollars. Being able to find my own 12v switched source for the remote turn on vs just using what someone else did makes me sleep better at night. Plus, it's a really useful tool that you can do things like:

set your gain with a multimeter- most subs get blown because people think the gain knob is a bass knob. Clipped signal sounds like garbage and will eventually break something.
How to Adjust Amplifier Gains Using a Digital Multi-Meter | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix

but then again, I'm a random stranger on the internet. Do whatever you want.

·
Registered
223 Posts
recently installed the soundstorm 8 inch. Ran the power, remote, and high level inputs under the driver seat, under the center console, then under the passenger seat rails and grounded it at the front passenger seat floor bolt. Here's my thoughts that'll make the install easier:

1. If you're trying to run the power cable to the battery through the firewall behind the clutch pedal, find the longest screwdriver you have and tape the power cable to that. I found it much easier to wedge it around the outside of the grommet this way. This took me about 3 hours of anger and google to find this tip on a year old comment on a random aussie fiesta subwoofer install youtube video. God bless that man.
2. T-Taps. If you're not going to cut, solder, and heat shrink your connections, T-taps will work better with the limited space you have if you're tapping into the twisted pairs of speaker wire located behind the B-pillar. I used the standard wire taps on the twisted pair and spent way too much time trying to make it work.
3. I read online that the fiesta seat bolt (for the ground) is a T-55 or a T-50. This wasn't the case for me. I'm like 99% sure it's a T-40, but autozone should be cool and let you walk out to double check fitment before purchasing. This may be different between model years, so don't trust everything you read.
4. I didn't need to hide the power wire through the channel covered by the weather stripping. I literally tucked it up under the trim where the carpet meets the edge.
5. High level input- I only used the signal from one speaker. I Don't plan on messing with the left/right/front/back settings too much, so I didn't see it necessary to have to run any extra wiring. It works fine for this application.
6. Get a multimeter- if you've got a harbor freight near you, they're like 5 dollars. Being able to find my own 12v switched source for the remote turn on vs just using what someone else did makes me sleep better at night. Plus, it's a really useful tool that you can do things like:

set your gain with a multimeter- most subs get blown because people think the gain knob is a bass knob. Clipped signal sounds like garbage and will eventually break something.
How to Adjust Amplifier Gains Using a Digital Multi-Meter | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix

but then again, I'm a random stranger on the internet. Do whatever you want.
Planning to install sub and tweets soon too. Thanks for the tips!

Sent using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts