Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm about to order a set of either of these wheels. I took the time to do some very careful measuring. The measurements are based on using 215/40/17 tires. The wheels in question:

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17x7.5 +45 vs Team Dynamics 17x8 +48

The rears are no issue either way. It's the fronts that are tricky.

There is only 1/2" space between the stock wheels and the front struts inside. That 17x8 will sit awfully close to that strut, but it seems like it will fit. Barely.

My conclusion was that the 17x7.5 +45 would be the perfect performance wheel set up... With no rubbing and just enough clearance even when taking a tight corner at speed and hitting a bump. The 17x8 +48 might even get away with no rubbing, but it would not be as performance-oriented. I feel that it's very close to touching that strut, and with it also being the little bit closer to flush, while it will look better, I would always be afraid of hitting the fender if I were to go into a corner really aggressively and hit a bump.

I've heard some opinions by some people I trust and they are afraid 17x8+48 is too wide for a performance-oriented setup. That said, I thought I'd put it out there and see what you guys' experience is. If you own any of these setups, feel free to post photos too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm running Pro 1.2 in 17x7.5 +45 with the stock tires for now and have not problems.

ST+TD1a.jpg

Reactions: KKaWIng

·
Registered
526 Posts
Either way with those offsets you wont gain alot of stance with the 8 inch wide rim as opposed to the 7 due to the higher positive offset with the 8. If stance is what your after then something like p40 would be better with the 8 otherwise you are carringing more wheel weight for what purpose?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts