Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, I did a lot of measuring for my car... I have to say, I'm pretty surprised this is not rubbing. I'm not saying I don't believe you, I do, in fact, I want this same setup... But what I'm saying is, I measured the gap between the inner front wheel and the strut and there's pretty much exactly. .5" there. +48mm is almost exactly the same as the stock wheel offset of 47.5mm, meaning a 17x8" wheel will pretty much add .5" to either side of the wheel, effectively eating up the little .5" gap available before hitting the strut. So, if this is not hitting the strut, there must be a space of only a hair there. I keep thinking an offset of +43mm would be safer, but unfortunately, at 17x8 the closest these wheels are available to this is +40mm (which is likely too low and will cause fender rubbing) or +48mm as these are.

Anybody else running these wheels on 215/40/17 tires? I want to hear more success stories before ordering them. On top of that, not all 215 tires are the same. I'll be running Falken 615K in 215.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi, I did a lot of measuring for my car... I have to say, I'm pretty surprised this is not rubbing. I'm not saying I don't believe you, I do, in fact, I want this same setup... But what I'm saying is, I measured the gap between the inner front wheel and the strut and there's pretty much exactly. .5" there. +48mm is almost exactly the same as the stock wheel offset of 47.5mm, meaning a 17x8" wheel will pretty much add .5" to either side of the wheel, effectively eating up the little .5" gap available before hitting the strut. So, if this is not hitting the strut, there must be a space of only a hair there. I keep thinking an offset of +43mm would be safer, but unfortunately, at 17x8 the closest these wheels are available to this is +40mm (which is likely too low and will cause fender rubbing) or +48mm as these are.

Anybody else running these wheels on 215/40/17 tires? I want to hear more success stories before ordering them. On top of that, not all 215 tires are the same. I'll be running Falken 615K in 215.
We have almost 18mm of distance between the strut and the wheel. However the car is slammed on BC coilovers.

All the best,

Jeff

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the info. Yeah, the coilovers definitely make a difference as that strut wouldn't be there anymore. At least not in the same way. I don't think I can fit these using Falken 615K in 215. At least not on the stock suspension, even with lowering springs, as the problem seems to be at the front.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts