Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't really quite got used to the Feista transmission. First, I am a bit short - 5'6", the clutch is too stiff and the engagement 'window' is too small ( i.e I need to be engage the clutch quite finely ) and the engagement point to way too back. I want to shift smoothly with minimal damage to the clutch from first to second. Right now, I am almost as slow to engage the clutch in second as I am in first while moving from standstill. Because of this, almost everybody at red light is able to launch off way quicker than I am able to :)

What is the correct technique for shifting form first to second on this car. I don't want to get some good accelerated starts ( without hot launching ). Also can I get the engagement point to be a bit more to the front by adjusting something?

Thanks for any suggestions on this.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My clutch pedals engage is almost on full release. I dont know why but I think I need a new clutch and dont understand why. I remember when new the engage was almost all the way to the floor and now is the exact opposite almost on full pedal release. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Really is just practice....but if you have a stiff clutch..might need to be looked at. The clutch in this thing is one of the lightest clutches i've ever driven. I think the clutch on my video game wheel is harder than it...

·
Registered
490 Posts
My clutch pedals engage is almost on full release. I dont know why but I think I need a new clutch and dont understand why. I remember when new the engage was almost all the way to the floor and now is the exact opposite almost on full pedal release. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal?
That's normal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So did you guys get the hang of it yet? Every car drives differently, so an adjustment period is normal.

I don't know if it helps, but the clutch pedal assembly typically has a pair of jam nuts that are used to locate the pedal piston. If you loosen the nuts you can adjust the piston rod which will affect the pedal effort and the engagement point.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts