Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has done this several times now. Usually happens when the car is cold...any clue out there guys before I take her in. Its a 2014 FiST with only 3600miles on the clock and completely stock. There is no SES/CEL illuminated. I'm actually very happy I leased this thing now vs. buying it...

Dave

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
ECU has to see engine warm maybe it is cutting power to keep it safe.. Thought I saw somewhere the ecu watches cold engine temps as well as warm. and it only happens when cold?? like how cold ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car had been parked for 1.5 hrs. I wasn't getting on it, but just enough for it to start making boost. I ran a DME scan and there is no codes. May be this is what it was...but I wasn't getting on it.

Dave

·
Registered
305 Posts
It has done this several times now. Usually happens when the car is cold...any clue out there guys before I take her in. Its a 2014 FiST with only 3600miles on the clock and completely stock. There is no SES/CEL illuminated. I'm actually very happy I leased this thing now vs. buying it...

Dave
Hi Dave,

Has this concern been resolved since your last post? Please let me know, along with your updated mileage. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
173 Posts
When the car is cold, it has to warm up before it will function like normal. It's a protection so you're not damaging anything. The feeling is more noticeable with cars that have throttle by wire, which we do.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Megan, thanks for your concern. So far the car hasn't done it again, but if it does I will take it into service. I scanned the car with a OBD2 reader and there was no codes.

Dave
Not a problem. :) If you do end up heading in for service, please let me know so I can send this up the chain.

Meagan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old thread I know but my 2015 FIST is doing the same thing as OP. I can send a video so it can be heard. Its like the engine is detonating and rejecting the boost, or cutting off fuel. Can be heard underneath the car as you drive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts