Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has done this several times now. Usually happens when the car is cold...any clue out there guys before I take her in. Its a 2014 FiST with only 3600miles on the clock and completely stock. There is no SES/CEL illuminated. I'm actually very happy I leased this thing now vs. buying it...

Dave

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
ECU has to see engine warm maybe it is cutting power to keep it safe.. Thought I saw somewhere the ecu watches cold engine temps as well as warm. and it only happens when cold?? like how cold ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car had been parked for 1.5 hrs. I wasn't getting on it, but just enough for it to start making boost. I ran a DME scan and there is no codes. May be this is what it was...but I wasn't getting on it.

Dave

·
Registered
60 Posts
detonation?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you have traction control on? I've noticed that with traction control on, one little slip of the tire will bog my engine down for a couple seconds before getting all my power back

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have traction control on? I've noticed that with traction control on, one little slip of the tire will bog my engine down for a couple seconds before getting all my power back
Yea, but I wasn't getting on it...just easy acceleration up to speed. Just enough to make boost.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It has done this several times now. Usually happens when the car is cold...any clue out there guys before I take her in. Its a 2014 FiST with only 3600miles on the clock and completely stock. There is no SES/CEL illuminated. I'm actually very happy I leased this thing now vs. buying it...

Dave
Hi Dave,

Has this concern been resolved since your last post? Please let me know, along with your updated mileage. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
173 Posts
When the car is cold, it has to warm up before it will function like normal. It's a protection so you're not damaging anything. The feeling is more noticeable with cars that have throttle by wire, which we do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Megan, thanks for your concern. So far the car hasn't done it again, but if it does I will take it into service. I scanned the car with a OBD2 reader and there was no codes.

Dave

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Megan, thanks for your concern. So far the car hasn't done it again, but if it does I will take it into service. I scanned the car with a OBD2 reader and there was no codes.

Dave
Not a problem. :) If you do end up heading in for service, please let me know so I can send this up the chain.

Meagan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Old thread I know but my 2015 FIST is doing the same thing as OP. I can send a video so it can be heard. Its like the engine is detonating and rejecting the boost, or cutting off fuel. Can be heard underneath the car as you drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread I know but my 2015 FIST is doing the same thing as OP. I can send a video so it can be heard. Its like the engine is detonating and rejecting the boost, or cutting off fuel. Can be heard underneath the car as you drive.

can you post the video think i got the same issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts