Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2014 ST, The only thing that does not work, is that my text messages don't show up on the Ford sync nav screen. It has a message that reads "Text messages are not suported by this phone" I have a Apple I phone 4 S. I did call Ford to make sur that my phone settings and operating system was compatible, and it is. I also called Apple and whent over everything with them. I also asked the dealer about it. They said just that sometimes it does not seem to work. So any one have some suggestions?
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
You have to sync your phone with the ford system. Then go to your iPhone's settings>Bluetooth>Sync>i>turn notifications to On.
Turn car and system off. Turn on again and wait for phone to sync again. It should work from there.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Is my engrish that bad?
Fixed that for ya.
you bit.. too easy!
LMAO I was just trying to put a shine on your apple . But this was way better than i thought..

Now i'll have to figure out how to make my phone talk to me sweeter yet I can now have somehing else to holler at while i drive .. Stupid Siri ....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I did all of this, but no luck.
Ron

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm pretty sure it clearly states on the screen "this feature is not supported" when you try to enable text messages via bluetooth. I'm not sure why you're surprised they aren't showing or think there is some fix. The error message seems pretty clear...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Eh... my iPhone 5 doesn't work either. My previous two android phones also did not work, I purchased my iPhone hoping it would. IMO, the text message portion of sync is broken and should just be removed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the iPhone 5S. It used to say "this feature is not supported" until I went into the Bluetooth<sync<i<turn on notifications. Works like a charm now. Can have the car read it out to me or choose to view the body of the message on the screen.
What I don't think will work is sending a reply to text though.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My radio used to display the txt msg's and then you had the option to listen to them. Now Sync does not pick up incoming txt msg's. I have HTC Android.

·
Registered
369 Posts
reboot your phones after they connect to the car and have them resync....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Text messages worked both with my S3 and my new LG G2. The prompt to listen to them however usually goes away quicker than I can get to the screen. I am sure there is a way to get to them through Sync, but I have not bothered to learn how yet.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The same thing is happening to me I used to read my text messages and get notifications on my Sync and now I don't. same goes to Bluetooth audio I used to get the track name now I don't anymore I tried resetting tried recsync and nothing mine is a LG optimus g pro

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 28 Posts