Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

The COBB Fiesta ST R&D Master Thread

157K views 509 replies 72 participants last post by  joker96 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

Our journey with the Fiesta ST has started and we'd like to keep you all in the loop as to what we've learned along the way. We'll be posting up every so often with pictures and technical information. We are just starting to piece together what will be a long list of discoveries and information, so keep an eye on this thread if you want to know everything there is to know about the COBB Fiesta ST! Also, feel free to ask us anything you'd like to know along the way.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Electronics Multimedia

Update: 8/26/13

We always want to know how our vehicles perform in stock form, so we threw this little beast on the dyno and began to gather data. We can see from the results below that the car is tuned quite aggressively from the factory and makes very consistent power from pull to pull regardless of heat. I was quite surprised at how efficient the 1.6L ecoboost motor is with its proper top-down direct injection design!

The car has been going through teardown and parts design for the last week, so we'll have some fresh information regarding all of the factory components for you soon. For now take a look at our baseline dyno results!

Update 8/30/13

The Worlds First Tuned USDM 2014 Fiesta ST, by COBB!

Let the tuning commence! The car was put back together in stock form so we could begin working on a Stage1 calibration. Our goal was to improve upon the factory strategy while maintaining a high level of safety, just like our Focus ST calibrations. We were able to make power gains from the instant your foot touches the pedal to the moment it bangs off the rev limiter (which was also increased btw...)! We'll continue to tweak even further from here but wanted to show you guys the potential just adding an Accessport will bring you without any other bolt on components!

What an amazing little motor! I was pleasantly surprised by how well the engine responded and performed pull after pull. Time to go test out some hard parts, stay tuned for more updates soon!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice work glad to see that torque that big and that early :) can't wait to see the magic ;)

#9 ·
any chance of launch control with that much torque ?? LOL Looking good now I just have to find a reliable Gas station with 93 octane .. :cool:

#10 ·
We do have per gear torque truncation available as well as the 2-step rev limiter for those needing it ;) We'll have 91oct tunes available alongside the 93 upon initial release. Expect 2-3% less power overall with the lower octane.

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

#20 ·
Currently we only have USDM Fiesta ST support, sorry for the bad news, but maybe in the future!

I hope you dont mind, but I posted the graph on our local STOwners site.
Awesome, thanks! Do you have a link so we can check out the site?

Ian

#24 ·
Typically, our OTS maps will not come preset with any settings for LC or FFS. In the case of the Fiesta, the FFS feature is not something that is native to the ECU. Doesn't mean it will stay that way :) Our Protuners constantly surprise us and make lots of power over our OTS maps, so only time will tell once we release the software to the network.

Sub'ing for updates!

Any way of tuning out the torque-vectoring/brake application when it starts spinning the tires?
We have not looked into this code yet but can certainly take a glance in the future if it becomes a necessity.

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

#32 ·
I love the Cobb AP. I bought one for my 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 a few years ago and tweaked the OTS stock 93 tune with the free "Race" program. While the OTS stock 93 tune was the best platform to start from (for minor mods like intake, exhaust etc) I was able to make crazy (and safe) power out of that platform just by making some small changes. Can't wait to buy one and play around with the FiST... it seems to have a lot of potential. I'm also lucky to have a Cobb center close to me (in Plano, Texas). Cobb comes highly recommended (I know Trey personally) and have been having them modify my cars since 2001.:D Braden, which Cobb store are you at?

Reactions: COBB
#34 ·
Nice. :)

#36 ·
We're trying to get parts out as quickly as possible, but I don't have release dates right now, sorry! We may not always be the fastest, but you can bet it will be well designed and tested.

Ian

#41 ·
LC has always been a user adjustable option reserved for individual preference by use of our Accesstuner software. We are working on wrapping up the software as soon as possible so you guys can enjoy tuning these vehicles!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.