Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a page out of the Jalopnik book here:) Despite the many tears shed that we only get the 4-door ST here, there are some of us who have to some practicality to justify a car like this. The ST may be to small to be considered a true family car, but there's still enough space to be useful. I am responsible for daily daycare pickups and drop-offs, so it's good that it's big enough to comfortably and safely fit a child seat. In my case, it's still a rear facing seat, so this should be a worse case scenario.

The attached pictures are of a Britax Marathon 70 seat, which I believe is middle of the road, size-wise. Putting it in the center has the front end of the seat just behind the shoulders of the frontseat riders. The pictures make it look like the seat sticks into the front passenger area, but it doesn't really. Strapping the kid into the center is not the nuisance I thought it would be. The childseat would fit behind the front seats only if the seats are pushed almost all the way to the front. For reference, I have the driver seat where I like it, and I'm 5'10".

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Land vehicle Vehicle Car Family car Car seat cover

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It seems like you can never just bring the kid somewhere, you have to bring a ton of stuff too. This is a little trickier than the daily grind, but can certainly be done. FYI, all pics below are with the cargo floor in the lowered position, not the stock position.
The pack and play fits with plenty of space. Vehicle Car Family car Trunk Subcompact car

Our stroller is not a natural fit. Vehicle Car Auto part Trunk City car

At first, they don't want to play well together. Product Vehicle Car Wheel Rim

If you remove the cargo cover from up top, that opens it up so that you can close it all easily. Car Vehicle Trunk Auto part Family car
This still gives space to add a couple of bags for a weekend trip.

Reactions: Kennethver

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With regards to actually transporting a child, my biggest peeve is that you can't disable the overhead/ map lights in the rear. When arriving somewhere at night, I don't like that the lights shine in the baby's eyes. This is a great way to wake a sleeping child. Also, in case you were wondering, even with the child seat in place, you can still lower the 40% seatback. Vehicle Car Vehicle door Car seat cover Car seat ,

Hopefully this is helpful to someone. If anyone has any questions, ask away. I will do my best to answer or give better pictures as needed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
US spec? Mine comes with a three mode switch. Its eithe on, off or comes on when door open/ engine off.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for the post. Seeing this makes me think that with seats down a mountain bike won't fit in the back like it does in my VW Golf right now (have to take the front wheel off to make it work)?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
US spec? Mine comes with a three mode switch. Its eithe on, off or comes on when door open/ engine off.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Yes, I have a US spec. Where is the switch in yours? I only see the on/off buttons for the directional lights, and nothing for the main light/ full assembly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is really helpful post and the images helped me to understand. I am new here and just purchased this car in Australia! and just ordered the Babayzen yoyo and I am confuse that I can take it with me on traveling!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts