Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as I suspected. The gains aren't that impressive for a turbocharged car now a days. I enjoy the little extra tourqe personally but I really am craving more HP.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's not the point. I know the turbo is the weak link for making more HP. And yeah they will hit 215whp easy with a turboback and upgraded intercooler

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bet if the car didn't come stock with overboost, we would all be much happier with the tuned numbers.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I recall COBB saying the tune was adaptive and you'd have to drive it for a while while it relearns everything. I love the "install the mods on the dyno" thing as it really gives the best comparison - but I would love to see a dyno in another 200 miles.

COBB, I'm in SoCal if you're looking for any willing prototype testers :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recall COBB saying the tune was adaptive and you'd have to drive it for a while while it relearns everything. I love the "install the mods on the dyno" thing as it really gives the best comparison - but I would love to see a dyno in another 200 miles.

COBB, I'm in SoCal if you're looking for any willing prototype testers :)
i was thinking the same because it felt like after 15 miles I could actually tell a Differnce.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reactions: Pelotonracer2

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you get the random idea of not having an accessport? You need it to be stage 1+ And on. Why would anyone put a downpipe and intercooler on their car and not tune it? The tune usually always comes first.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Where did you get the random idea of not having an accessport? You need it to be stage 1+ And on. Why would anyone put a downpipe and intercooler on their car and not tune it? The tune usually always comes first.
Well, you did make an entire post about how you didn't like the AP, its a waste of $500, and you were going to get a refund.
I wonder where I got that "random" idea from lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Reactions: Pelotonracer2

·
Registered
158 Posts
"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Roger Penske AKA "The Captain"

Any racer will tell you torque is more important. HP will do more to increase your top speed, torque will do more to improve your acceleration. I love the way this engine is tuned, Ford got it right, IMO :D

In case anyone hasn't read the newest C&D with the new Z06 on the cover, GM has gone the same route with their new LT4. They went with a smaller supercharger (1.7L compared to 2.3L from the outgoing ZR-1) and a 10.0-1 compression ratio with only 9.5psi of boost, getting a higher torque number than HP.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I fell for the hp thing with my old FRS.. This one I bought for torques !!!
I never thought it'd take so little time to hear "old frs" but I gotta say, I'm glad that at least someone bought that car and switched over to the FiST. I didn't test drive the FRS because it was sort of out of my price range, but I'm guessing the FiST comes with more smiles? It definitely does for me haha.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: k757

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, you did make an entire post about how you didn't like the AP, its a waste of $500, and you were going to get a refund.
I wonder where I got that "random" idea from lol

Wow youre a reall reall cobb but sucker. I don't hate the ap. I don't think its worth 500 compared to other tunes. Said I was thinking about getting my money back. Still on the fence. But regardless why do you care so much, do you work for cobb or what?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I never thought it'd take so little time to hear "old frs" but I gotta say, I'm glad that at least someone bought that car and switched over to the FiST. I didn't test drive the FRS because it was sort of out of my price range, but I'm guessing the FiST comes with more smiles? It definitely does for me haha.
My local Toyota dealership wouldn't even let me drive the FR-S without money down to buy the car. I couldn't believe it for a 25k vehicle with only 200hp. The Ford salesman I leased my FiST from took me to a very twisty road with massive elevation changes and let me wring its neck.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts