Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
Check out the sparco corsa. Tirerack have them for not much more than what you are looking at. They are 17x7.5 and from memory p40 offset so they should give a nice bit of poke. They don't have the multi fitments either Imo a bit nicer looking.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
About the same as stock... Based on shipping weight... Wish the pro corsa where in different colors

Sent from my Nexus 5
I Like the looks just not the fact they are as heavy as stock I have a set of 15's that are 10 lbs a wheel light I use for track and just goofing a round sometimes and the car is a different animal with less rotating mass on the wheels then when I put the DD factoy or SVT wheels on that weigh about 25 lb each plus tire is around 45=47.. If you can go lighter try it . If not well not the end of the world but you are missing a little fun... Only downside I worry about with lighter wheels is they are more prone to being bent up on rough roads...

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True... Depending on Tire weight as well... I have a set of FN01RCs on my turbo Z and love it... But thinking I would like 17 lighter and wider than stock and stance the fiesta on coilovers swap out to factory for the occasional track day :)

Sent from my Nexus 5

· Registered
2,234 Posts
True... Depending on Tire weight as well... I have a set of FN01RCs on my turbo Z and love it... But thinking I would like 17 lighter and wider than stock and stance the fiesta on coilovers swap out to factory for the occasional track day :)

Sent from my Nexus 5
Yes tire weight played into it also good point.. I knew what i wanted for tires and the size was my only real choce then after talking with tire people I went smallish (I thought) on the 15x8 with a 205/50/15 think i really wanted a 225/45/15 but the 205 looks great and is only a 1/2 shorter than stock .. Half the Fun is shopping though so whatever you chose just enjoy the process..

Reactions: LT Berzerker

· Registered
656 Posts
Please listen, very very good advice here. You want the lightest wheels and tires with the most grip you can put on the car if you bought the car to actually drive it as it was designed to be driven. Why Ford put on such expensive tires on heavy stock wheels is a huge blunder on their part, do not repeat, I repeat, do not repeat, if you care for real performance;)

Reactions: rodmoe

· Registered
567 Posts
Gonna breathe a little life into this old thread. Has anyone bought any of these wheels so far? I like the Sparco Pro Corsas and also the Ruff Racing int he beginning of the post, and would love to see them installed. Im looking up weights on them now...unless anyone knows off hand what they are.
Edit: Navah Mond...jeez, 21.5 on one and 24lbs on the other. Nope.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yea, after further reflection, I am really finding it hard to find a 8" wide rim in 17 diameter that is below 18.8 or so pounds or a 16x8. ESMs are heavy, the pro race 1.2 in 17x8 are 19lbs ish, XXRs are 18.8 however they are 8.25 wide, perhaps the pro race 1.2 in 16x8 but done know about the weight on those... And would like to see pics
Oh wait, they don't make pro race in 16x8 ugh

And emailed esm and they aren't making or didn't seem interested in 007 in 4x108

· Registered
656 Posts
4x100 opens up a far bigger world of choices;)

Why I did it and keep recommending it an not that expensive!

I have decided to run BBK front and rear, custom 11.75 for the front to fit my 15x9 13 lb track wheels that are roll formed, meaning close to forged strength and weight.

I have front and rear rotors with 293 miles on them, none since re-drilled to 4x100, I will be selling soon but listing the whole stock brake package on a forum where non STs are as well, just get the hubs done, or buy hubs and rotors and have spares on hand.......

Anyway, I love it when we talk about low weight wheels, one of the absolute if not all out best real performance gains in all aspects includes ride quality as well!

Rick

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.