Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
So I can watch later...

· Registered
301 Posts
IMO they got some things wrong. First, I think they downplay how good the interior and how well equipped the Fiesta is at the price point. Push button start, proximity key, navigation, touch screen, bluetooth, voice commands, climate control, lots of things that are not standard on cars that are more expensive.

Also they mention that the car loves going out to the redline, I think this isn't really accurate, if we were talking about a BRZ or S2000 then yes, that statement is accurate. I would say that the Fiesta loves being anywhere in the torque band (which is HUGE). If you're over 3k you're going to have enough power.

Otherwise their comments on handling I find to be very accurate.

· Registered
128 Posts
IMO they got some things wrong. First, I think they downplay how good the interior and how well equipped the Fiesta is at the price point. Push button start, proximity key, navigation, touch screen, bluetooth, voice commands, climate control, lots of things that are not standard on cars that are more expensive.

Also they mention that the car loves going out to the redline, I think this isn't really accurate, if we were talking about a BRZ or S2000 then yes, that statement is accurate. I would say that the Fiesta loves being anywhere in the torque band (which is HUGE). If you're over 3k you're going to have enough power.

Otherwise their comments on handling I find to be very accurate.
Well said. Though the interior does feel cheap to me. Especially the turn signal stalk and the door handles, it feels like if I applied my kung fu grip those things would explode.

But i do appreciate the fact Ford put all their marbles into making this thing freakishly fun. Can you imagine a sub $22K performance fiesta with good build quality but poor handling/ driving dynamics. We wouldn't be here talking right now.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Anyone else get the impression that those guys really like RWD cars?
RWD and AWD are the True sports cars to some and it is up to US FiSTer's to prove to be the exception ;) lol

· Registered
78 Posts
I've probably watched 30 reviews on YouTube and they almost sound the same. They all LOVE our car. Only one (British) picked a Mini and only because they liked its "character" more. I'm pretty sure they acknowledged that the Mini is a lot more money.

In this video, they talk about the BRZ and FiST having the same power and weight, but overlook the torque difference. The FiST has about 50 more ft/lbs to work with, so it does pull a lot better without sitting on redline (as ryst points out)...and it doesn't require premium fuel. The FiST will happily sip regular and get a lot better fuel mileage in the process.

· Registered
656 Posts
Having built fast and not so fast but still very fun RWD, AWD and FWD cars I find I like FWD more in some ways, just different I suppose but I am able extract a lot of speed out of FWD and that is much more rewarding to me. AWD was kind of boring it so easy to go fast in, pretty easy to build a fast RWD, I like the challenge and I do like the driving dynamics of FWD in many ways.

And, I love shocking the other camps when I beat them and I have beaten hundreds, not everyone but most when supposedly completely outclassed, in the classes I have had to run in:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.