Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you who bought a Cobb Access port – are you happy?

Those of you that bought a Accessport are you happy? Is there a big difference in performance (stock vs 91 map)? Does it change the drivability of the car? Anything you wish would be different or changed? From looking at the device I would love a landscape view.
Many mods are physiological, sounds different so it must be faster, or cost me $$$$$ so it must be faster.
Has anyone actually tested the performance on the road and documented the difference (and I am not talking about a dyno).

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: COBB

·
Registered
488 Posts
best mod dollar for dollar ever.......

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reactions: COBB and GhostWhite

·
Registered
773 Posts
I wish it gave some more HP along with the tq, but it is hands down the best bang for the buck you could do to this car.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
HP is just a number though. People buy hp but drive TQ. Tq is what you feel on the road. Rally cars have restrictors on their turbos, so they will make 300-320hp but are still ridiculously fast because they have 500-600 tq.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
HP gain is deceiving - though on paper its just 5hp that 30lb/ft of torque is something you'll feel every day, and the functionality of the device is really cool, as is the flexibility of choosing a map to suit your mood. I bought one once, it's been stolen and I like it enough that I'm buying another one. That should tell you a LOT.

·
Registered
678 Posts
VERY happy with it. If you're on the fence, definitely do it.

The biggest place I notice it (aside from ripping through the first two gears) is on the highway in 6th. The extra low end power REALLY makes a difference there. I can pass with attitude now :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
HP is just a number though. People buy hp but drive TQ. Tq is what you feel on the road. Rally cars have restrictors on their turbos, so they will make 300-320hp but are still ridiculously fast because they have 500-600 tq.
Yes yes, I'm fully aware of the "buy HP drive tq" saying and how each work, I was just expressing an opinion. Maybe I'll just go buy a few more stickers, those are good for +5hp each!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Reactions: 94Gt5.0

·
Registered
678 Posts
Don't get the impression that low torque isn't fast. Last years F1 cars made 200 ft-lb. They have more than triple that now, watching them drive in the wet is lulz. The ability to make torque at high RPMs is what gives power. I'm sure most people know this, but HP is just torque x 5250 / RPMs (or TxRPM/5250, I can't recall). That's why the torque/HP of a car on the dyno will *always* cross at 5,250 RPMs. HP is just a mathematically generated curve based on your torque.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I posted some datalogs that have been run through virtual dyno, only see minimal gains when running the Stage 0 map vs the 91 oct map.
http://www.fiestast.org/forum/cobb-tuning/806-cobb-ap-datalogging-virtual-dyno-results.html

The 93 oct map definitely has a little bit more umph in it.

Overall the net gains overall are not very impressive between bone stock and Stage 1 on 91 oct - the driveability and spool up responsiveness is much better now, feels like a proper turbo car when rolling on throttle - doesn't require you to mash the gas to get into boost.

I can post some more logs and virtualdyno graphs if you want some more data to look at.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do they continuously work on the existing maps? In the future would we expect an update on the 91 or 93 map?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Definitely worth it. As someone else stated, the total numbers don't bump up a huge amount (well, torque gets a nice spike...) but driveability is entirely improved over stock. Less frequent downshifts required when cruising around, and at least with 93 I feel slightly less lag. Best money I've spent on the car, other than the gas I put in it that lets me have fun :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nothing can ever void your warranty, you purchased it with your car, it is yours. The dealership can choose to deny a warranty claim, if they can prove the flash caused it.

Example: You tune your car, your suspension breaks and your muffler falls off. The dealership has to honor your warranty still. But, you chip your car and crack your block, they're going to blame the tune. That being said, that won't ever happen with an off-the-shelf tune. Also, you can (and should) uninstall the AP before any trips to the dealer, so you're 100% stock and they'll never know (unless they REALLY dig, send in Ford engineers in white lab coats, etc).

Read up on the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act: Magnuson?Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
'
Certain highlights: Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[SUP][7][/SUP] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions,[SUP][8][/SUP] and is frequently mentioned in the context of third-party computer parts, such as memory and hard drives.
(This means you don't have to use MotorCraft oil filters with MotorCraft oil changed at the dealership)

The federal minimum standards for full warranties are waived if the warrantor can show that the problem associated with a warranted consumer product was caused by damage while in the possession of the consumer, or by unreasonable use, including a failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered one yesterday. I won't install it until after the first oil change but I think the boost gauge and other functions, the 93 octane map (we have good gas in my area), the elimination or torque truncation in lower gears, the ability to use it to maximize the horsepower per dollar (pound whatever) you spend on future bolt ons and the fact it will clear that spanner that stares you in the face when you change downpipe make it much worth the $500.

Off topic

I love that the gentleman says that coyote motor is maxed out from the factory.. Yet ford sells 550hp and 624 hp supercharger packages (those May not be exact numbers as they're from memory of a magazine at the supermarket) and the lower hp package carries the warranty as long as you can afford to pay the dealer to install it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts