Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow, thanks for posting the link. What a great review!
Ron

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not sure why the Fiesta in that vid made less HP than what the U.S. Fiesta does. I thought Ford had a global plan and all the cars were the same. They were down about 20hp from the U.S. version. That may have made the difference in the drag race.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure why the Fiesta in that vid made less HP than what the U.S. Fiesta does. I thought Ford had a global plan and all the cars were the same. They were down about 20hp from the U.S. version. That may have made the difference in the drag race.
Maybe he Hammond quoted the non-overboost figure? I'll have to watch again later.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think it's just the number where it's calculated. Hp or bhp

·
Registered
199 Posts
Maybe he Hammond quoted the non-overboost figure? I'll have to watch again later. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
they gave the whp spec. rather than break horsepower

·
Registered
153 Posts
European regs don't allow them to include overboost in the ratings. No such restrictions in the US.

It's the same motor.
You are correct. They can't quote an overboost number..
Ron

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice review. Love that they focused on the handling and "fun factor" instead of spouting 0-60 and quarter mile times.

The FiST is efficient, practical, affordable, and roomy for it's size...but it also handles like a go kart and has an extremely high fun factor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also, if you can find it, download Top Gear Season 20 Episode 1. Hammond does a comparo between the Fiesta ST, Peugeot 208 GTI and Renault Clio 200 Sport, Watched it the other day; good stuff and Hammond loved the Fiesta ST

·
Registered
94 Posts
Also, if you can find it, download Top Gear Season 20 Episode 1. Hammond does a comparo between the Fiesta ST, Peugeot 208 GTI and Renault Clio 200 Sport, Watched it the other day; good stuff and Hammond loved the Fiesta ST
Did you not watch the video in the link? Thats what it is...

·
Registered
374 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts