Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for the link, how do you get past the first page of the article ? It could just be me, but I can"t figure it out.
Ron

· Registered
153 Posts
Click the picture and the text will change
Thanks, I was able to read it. Nice article. I owned a 2010 JCW,before my ST, the ST is a much more fun car as a DD. My JCW was a lightly equipped car, out the door at $34k. If it was loaded up like my ST, it would have been around $40k!
Ron

· Registered
88 Posts
I tracked a 2013 JCW Cooper S last year and I feel like the car was better balanced and more neutral than my Fiesta, the Fiesta is more of a hoot though and has a more playful character
Like everyone has stated the price has to be the kicker, in Canada a base (not even bluetooth) Cooper S is the price of a well equipped Fiesta ST

Reactions: mongoose221

· Registered
371 Posts
yeah same here in the states justinsane. a base cooper S is about 24k with no options. oh you want seats and a steering wheel? 5k! (just kidding, but thats what it seems like...)
i like how mini does their options basically a-la-carte, but i don't like that every option is 2-3x what you'd pay for it if it was included in a package. if you want a stripped down mini it's not too bad...
if you want it loaded up? forget about it...

having driven both as well, i do not feel the mini "justifies" the price over the fiesta, i actually liked the fiesta driving better anyway. price being equivalent? i think it's a coin flip with for if you want a little more fun/playful character or a little more refined character. similar to a GTI vs a Focus ST (although the focus can get rebates, GTI has like non)

· Registered
81 Posts
yeah same here in the states justinsane. a base cooper S is about 24k with no options. oh you want seats and a steering wheel? 5k! (just kidding, but thats what it seems like...)
i like how mini does their options basically a-la-carte, but i don't like that every option is 2-3x what you'd pay for it if it was included in a package. if you want a stripped down mini it's not too bad...
if you want it loaded up? forget about it...

having driven both as well, i do not feel the mini "justifies" the price over the fiesta, i actually liked the fiesta driving better anyway. price being equivalent? i think it's a coin flip with for if you want a little more fun/playful character or a little more refined character. similar to a GTI vs a Focus ST (although the focus can get rebates, GTI has like non)
Personally, i like being able to see the speedometer, and not have a dashboard designed by an obtuse idiot hell bent on breaking tradition. So that ruled the mini out for me.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I much prefer the simple, conventional gauge configuration on the Fiesta ST vs. the Mini. I could never get used to that oddball setup...But my favorite dash comes from the S2000:

Land vehicle Steering part Vehicle Car Steering wheel

I love that the speed is displayed as a big digital number and the RPM is a prominent, conventional-looking gauge. That big number is fantastic for quick scanning on corner exit at the track. You almost don't have to look at it and you get the "exact" (in so far as gauges are ever accurate) speed -- handy for lap-to-lap comparisons on the fly. I wish all sporty cars had this performance-oriented setup (especially my Fiesta).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.