Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

TPMS error

13K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  K_C 
#1 ·
hey guys hows it going? yesterday night after my first 3000km service, during the night driving the "check tyre pressure" error came up. The car was still driving fine so i just pulled over thinking that the rear tyres have been punctured or what not. checked pressures and the rear right was a little down 1 - 2psi. no big deal... so i attempted to reset the error using the method of pressing the hazard lights 6 times until horn beeps. but this doesnt work. ive seen youtube videos of the amercian delivered fiesta ST working but maybe the german made ones are different?

its a bit silly to have to reset the error every time even just after tyre rotation...

called up dealership and of course they would want to have a look at it and then reset, for a price... but then i wanted to do this in the future to reset the computer as i'd most likely be rotating the tyres myself.

tempted to use my own OBDII scanner to clear the DTC. its annoying the hell out of me.

thanks guys.

#2 ·
Clear it with your obd2 reader if it comes back take it in.. As long as your wheels and tires are in good operating condition that is .,

#3 ·
Ok. I've went to Bink's ford and the way to reset this is very different to the American way to "train the wheels" in actual fact, you have to set the tyre pressure at this psi so if there is a fall of pressure from any of the tyres, then the error comes up. Any way's, from the ford sync you press "menu" then go to "vehicle settings" and the option under ESC (can't remember the exact name lol) then hold OK to set the new tyre pressure.

Then press power button off and on again and the error should have cleared. Useful if you want to rotate your tyres yourself and reset the error.

But it still doesn't tell us when the retrain the wheels when we get a new set of rims with a new set of tpms sensors on them. =\

#5 ·
Oh no MFT ??

#8 ·
I just got car last Saturday. And 2nd day driving TPMS error message came up while driving. Now every time I start car it comes up. It says "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault". I was jus going to bring it by dealer, but now thinking I can just try the reset procedure on the card in the manual book. What do you guys think?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I can get into the TPMS reset by pressing ignition button without depressing clutch, then pressing the hazard button three times. I don't have that remote device though, so to train the tires I will need to bleed air out of specified tire until horn beeps once. I'll try tomorrow morning when tires are cold, since I'm going to have to refill them up back to recommended psi.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
i thought about that as well... buti think in your situation, the dealership forgot to train the wheels before giving the car to you. i heard from my dealer that during transport from the factory to australia, the wheels are pumped up to 50psi... YES 50PSI!!! before they give the car to you, they obviously would need to decrease the psi to the recommended ford specifications before delivering the car to you. so the computer thinks that 50psi is the normal pressure and that it leaked air out throwing the error... just reset the TPMS and you should be good to go. if it happens again, maybe faulty sensor...

#12 ·
Well, I gave it a shot this morning before leaving to work. Got into setup, started letting air out of the front driver side tire like the screen said, but never got a beep. The tire was down to 13 psi when I stopped. LOL I'm going to call dealer today, I assume they have the sensor thing that they hold by the tire. I wonder if they would just let me do it myself there? If that works, I would purchase one for future use, but don't want to buy it and then have it not work either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.