·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
There is this From a different place
Hello,

Hopefully this post will help others save time, money and keep their hair from graying more rapidly.

I bought some winter tires and wheels from Tire Rack with the TPMS sensors already installed. I put the wheels on my car myself and thought it would be a simple task to set the sensors for the car. I struggled for more than week trying to get the sensors to be recognized by the car. There are bunch of different procedures for getting the car into "TMPS learn" mode. Tire Rack does not know the proper procedure for the Fiesta ST. I found one method that did get the car into learn mode but it still didn't work.

Today, I decided to give up for now and take it to NTB and have them do it for $5 a wheel. I took it there and they said the car was too new and they couldn't help me. So, I called a Ford dealer, they could help me next week if I scheduled an appointment and the cost would be $65. This was enough to encourage me to keep trying on my own. I will need to do this again in the spring when I put my summer tires and wheels back on. And this will be repeated twice a year, year after year.

I found a link to a video for the TMPS setup on a Ford Flex on thetpmsforum.com. This method was different from the other methods I had tried so I gave it shot. It worked and in less than 2 minutes I had all four sensors linked to the car!

If you have are swapping in four wheels and sensors, this the procedure.

Training new TMPS sensors for a Fiesta ST:

- You may need to drive the car for 20 or 30 minutes to get the TPMS fault light to come on before you start.

- Make sure the tires are inflated to the proper psi.

- With the car off, press and release the brake pedal.

- Press the ignition button and turn it on then off 3 times ending with it on.

- Press and release the brake pedal.

- Press the ignition button to turn it off.

- Press the ignition button and turn it on then off 3 times ending with it on.

- The horn should sound once and a message to train the left front tire should appear on the MyFord Touch screen.

- Use the TPMS-19 (TPMS-19-8C2Z-1A203-A) transmitter to train each wheel, starting the the left front and going clockwise around the car. You hold the transmitter against the sidewall, near the valve stem.

If you are doing a simple tire rotation, there is a another method below for getting the car into TMPS train mode which might work for rotations. For a 4 wheel swap, use the method above.

- Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

- Push the start button without pressing the clutch.

- Push the hazard light (emergency flasher) button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" on the MyFord Touch screen.

Drive safe.

Hiram

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: audiphile

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get to train mode but I cant get the wheels trained. I tried using the ford reset tool, didn't work, and I tried what the manual says which is to let the air out of the tire until the horn honks once. that didn't work either. Am I missing something? How did you guys with winter tires do it?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just swapped on the winters with new sensors from tirerack. First start the light was on. Drove 25 feet parked. Went in to pay, them started up and they light was out. Didn't do anything special.

·
Registered
120 Posts
RODMOE, thank you!

I've been driving around with the TPMS light on for a week now, almost gave up.. I followed that procedure tonight after the warning light appeared. I just pulled over armed with those instructions and the Ford TPMS trigger tool and was able to do it in a gas station parking lot! Tip: turn car off, open and close the door, then follow those instructions exactly and it'll work!

Previously, I was trying to train the new sensors using the hazard button 6-press method, but I could not get the car to recognize the sensors.

My situation: Second set of wheels, tires and all new TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
120 Posts
cant get it to work, I can reset the system but I cant get the wheels to train. any ideas?
Molten, I had the exact same issue as you.. got sensors from eBay, thought they weren't working.. all I had to do is use those instructions RODMOE found!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yay! Got it to work. You got the right instructions rodmoe thanks! Guessing the instructions that come with the car are for rotation only.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey guys, just got my winter tires. Trying to do the retrain to no avail. Welp, i made a video, let me know if im doin it wrong or if my car is eff'd. >: D

thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
TRAINING TPMS SENSORS WITH OR WITHOUT TOOL

1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. I set mine to 40psi for this training without using a reset tool.

2) Push the start button without pressing the brake pedal (do not start the car).
3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the mytouch screen. At this point you can use the training tool if you have one, if not proceed to the next steps.
4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The display should now read "Train right front tire".
5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.
6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.
7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the display.
8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tried steps 1-3. Horn honks, but training tool doesn't seem to do anything, and when i return to the car, the "train left front tire" prompt is gone from the display. I think either the tool is the wrong model or im missing something.

Will try the air letout method next. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
@Juntech

I know it's annoying with the warning chime and all but when is your next service?

My TMPS was relearned at my last service at no charge at the dealership.

Saved me a lot of heartache and not having to purchase the tool.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tried steps 1-3. Horn honks, but training tool doesn't seem to do anything, and when i return to the car, the "train left front tire" prompt is gone from the display. I think either the tool is the wrong model or im missing something.

Will try the air letout method next. Thanks!
When I did it, I had to have the tool flat on the tire with the arrow pointing towards the valve stem.

Edit: After watching your video, I did the on off thing much slower. I only did it 5 presses also.

I got in, closed door.
Brake 1 pump
on...
off...
on...
off...
on...
brake 1 pump
off...
on...
off...
on...
off...
on? - don't remember doing this one though
*honk*
Press green button on tool,
Place flat on tire with arrow pointing to valve stem, starting front left
*honk*
front right
*honk*
rear right
*honk*
rear left
*honk*
I think a double *honk* with display saying you're done.

Took me a few tries, good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't typically take it in unless it's serious or ctitical. Kinda like doing all the stuff myself, although i may have to.

Thanks for the heads up

@Juntech

I know it's annoying with the warning chime and all but when is your next service?

My TMPS was relearned at my last service at no charge at the dealership.

Saved me a lot of heartache and not having to purchase the tool.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This worked! The original instructions of pushing the start button off 3 times the first time is innacurate. You sir are a life saver!

thanks so much! I will make another video maybe around spring time or if i can get the system to reset

When I did it, I had to have the tool flat on the tire with the arrow pointing towards the valve stem.

Edit: After watching your video, I did the on off thing much slower. I only did it 5 presses also.

I got in, closed door.
Brake 1 pump
on...
off...
on...
off...
on...
brake 1 pump
off...
on...
off...
on...
off...
on? - don't remember doing this one though
*honk*
Press green button on tool,
Place flat on tire with arrow pointing to valve stem, starting front left
*honk*
front right
*honk*
rear right
*honk*
rear left
*honk*
I think a double *honk* with display saying you're done.

Took me a few tries, good luck.

Reactions: KKaWIng
1 - 20 of 21 Posts