Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those interested I have been tracking my FiST using a number of methods haven't the time just now to walk through all the details but thought I would share some handy links.

For the shipping status use this site will also give you the name of the vessel so you can track it:
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage
Enter your VIN number into the Cargo ID bar.
This will show the status of your order so if it has been Booked for shipment, when it arrives at the shipping terminal, when it is Loaded onto the vessel, when the vessel release it to customs, when it is unloaded, when it is cleared from customs and when it has been delivered to the land freight company.

If you click on the Voyage number it will list the ports it is sailing to and the estimated date or arrival so you can see if there are any delays. (red indicates the ship has already left the port) If you click on the map tab it will show you these ports on a map but not the current location of the ship.

For tracking where the Ship is better than the WW map use this:
Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic
Enter the ships name or do a search (google) of the ships name separately to identify the ships IMO number then by clicking the tab up the top of the page "vessels" enter the IMO and search.

NOTE: The position will be the last recorded position. If they are close to port this is regularly updated but if they are out to see there may be 12-24 hour delays on the most recent positioning.

And if you want to watch your ship sail into the port (Melbourne only sorry) and watch it be unloaded use this (you can even control the webcam):
Webcams
You can track the ship on the webcams through the head in Port Phillip bay right to the docks.

My ship is set to dock Saturday. so so close now.

Probably overkill on the stalking but after waiting almost 6 months for delivery I have researched more ins and outs of shipping cars than any non industry related person should.

:)

Reactions: FISTED

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Updated with more info that may assist.

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After it has been built it will sit in ford's holding yard til enough cars are ready to be transported to the shipping dock. While it is sitting here at ford it may be booked into the shipping company or may wait til it arrives at the docks holding yard before being booked.
Status will then show booked in the shipping site. It can wait then days or weeks for the next departure depending on how many other cars are needed to fill the ship. Once loaded status will again change. Basically as soon as it is booked into the shipping company your vin will be searchable on their site. Does that make sense?
As to when the ship leaves will depend how quick the ship is filled ie how many bookings they take.

What colour did you order?

· Registered
275 Posts
Yep, wasn't sure if they had a set monthly/bimonthly etc schedule, however it seems like "whenever it's full", is when its shipped.

I ordered a ****** .. mid June. Supposed to be Sep delivery but I'm doubting it since it hasn't even left yet. I'm guessing it's at least 3 - 4 weeks to get to Fremantle, + quarantine, + dealer delivery stuff.

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice same colour as me. From build date to delivery for me was around 8 weeks. It waited 2 weeks before it sailed.5 weeks roughly to Melbourne then another 5days to take delivery. Apparently my delivery turnaround was quick. Typically 2-3 weeks after the ship arrives to be customs cleared and transported. But depends how busy customs is at the time.

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope sorry not if it's not already sailing I would estimate end of October.

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha yeah I hear you I ordered mine November last year. I got mine end of may had an accident in July been without it since should get it back this Friday

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Parts can't get them... They are too busy making cars. Had to. Be made specifically for my car hence the wait so don't have an accident.

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is for ST only and using EDIS is ford only... Think VW use the same shipping company... Toyota speak to your dealer

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jeebus savant i thought you would have it back by now!! Pretty piss poor on fords behalf..
Tell me about it... Not long now and the weather looks fine for the weekend... It's like having her delivered all over again haha

· Registered
275 Posts
Are WWL used for all Ford plants in Germany? According to ETIS, my car was built at the Niehl Plant.

Ford ETIS is showing a build date of 22 August, so 2 weeks today. Still nothing with the VIN supplied by the dealer showing on the WWL site.

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
That is still in Cologne where all euro spec models are built. From memory it took about 2 weeks from build for mine to show up on WWL too so should be anytime now. After it is built it will sit in their holding yard til transported north to bremenhaven then likely sit again til a ship is ready to be loaded. Just depends when Ford book in the car to WWL as to when it will show up in their system. Hence why it takes more like 12 weeks for delivery.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.