Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Bought my FiST yesterday, traded in my 2014 Mustang GT/boss 302 manifold/tune for it. Bought this car as I've had my eye on it for a while and was looking for something more fun in the city, however I still want 300 fwhp out of it for the hwy fun. Hint hint, ATP is building a stock location turbo upgrade for our car and are currently testing targeting a summer release (Inquired via email).

When considering getting the cobb stage 1 for moderate torque increase I wanted to do an inspection of my vehicle to make sure there is no obvious issues. (Checked coolant levels, oil, under carriage, etc.) and I noticed a red like subtace that's hard on my drive train. Can anyone tell me what this is? Pretty much a nub question but I just want to ensure I don't have a leaking seal of some sort.

fiesta1.jpg

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah that definitely just looks like some RTV or some similar sealant. Plenty of manufacturers use liquid gaskets and it looks like it goes all around instead of just in one spot so it doesnt look like a leak to me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's a silicone gasket, it's just red in color. Nothing to worry about. The best way to check for a leak like that is look at the surrounding area underneath and see what's wet and has grime sticking to it, then you can (usually) locate where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Maybe its just me, but ATP turbo kits seem to be a PITA. I know a few guys who tried them and complained that there was a lot of modification needed to get it to work. Where a Perrin turbo kit was straight bolt on and tune. I am excited to see what a Garrett GTX28 or 30 can do. I think the 30 will be a little too big for this motor though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts