Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I have a 2014 FiST with 28xxx miles on it and recently after shifting into 2nd gear it'll occasionally pop the shift lever back to neutral. I have read about the FoST having some issues with this as well, do these two cars share the same trans? Is there a TSB on these boxes having bad 2nd gear syncros?

I tried to take it the dealer but unless I can replicate it they won't do much. The difficulty is that its still intermittent at this point.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've seen an identical post somewhere else for the Fist. Don't remember if it was here or on a different forum. One possible Root Cause that was brought up was that the shift links could be out of alignment after a short shift kit is installed.
The thought was that after the kit was installed the gears weren't being pushed far enough. No body with stock shifters were having this problem.. The Fost has a different tranny I believe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not done anything to the car except drive it but things like cable misalignment can happen anyway. I'll give the shift cable a realignment and see if that helps, thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had this problem in my first car, a Probe GT. Years later I came to find out that I'd caused the shifting components to wear out by resting my hand on the shifter while driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had this problem in my first car, a Probe GT. Years later I came to find out that I'd caused the shifting components to wear out by resting my hand on the shifter while driving.
I've been driving cars with manual gearboxes for 15 years now and all of those cars had more than 30k miles on them without having syncro problems so I don't think its me. I did capture some footage of the 2nd gear pop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Ford had diagnosed the problem is internal to the transmission so they'll be pulling it out and apart to further diagnose the failure. Should be covered under the 60k power train warranty. The downside is that I'm depending on my Corrado for the next few weeks...

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE: Ford had diagnosed the problem is internal to the transmission so they'll be pulling it out and apart to further diagnose the failure. Should be covered under the 60k power train warranty. The downside is that I'm depending on my Corrado for the next few weeks...
Did you get an answer the your problem? I'm having this issue now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts