Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[h=2][/h]
I am working with a company on a low cost "LSD" project for these cars that I know works well as used them before but I need the info to see if they might already have one that fits.

Since there is not drive train specific section on the forum I figured I would try here first, but why no section???

Rick​

·
Registered
361 Posts
The ST supplement to the owners manual lists: Ford B6 6-speed manual with 228 millimeter clutch and dual mass flywheel. And Wikipedia lists it as the same 6 speen manual for the 3rd gen Focus.

Hope that helps a little

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the B6 listing but did not see the mention of hte 3rd gen focus and I did look at Wikipedia, I guess I should of had my glasses on, thanks:)

Rick

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you help verify this as I just read all through Wikepedia again and did not see any mention of the transaxle being the same as in the Focus.

Rick

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not a problem, glad to be of some help :)

The Wiki article I found was Ford Focus (third generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and I found the mention in the powertrain box under the main pic. It does not appear to be the same trans as the FoST, those are a Getrag based on their manual, but possible the same as one of the other engine choices.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The IB6 trans is nothing like the Focus trans on the insides I would look at the Quaife UK site to get a idea of what you need. Or you could get the Ford parts number for the differnt diff's and see what matches up...

Well I guess Quaife USA has it listed now too they did not when I was shopping months ago.. LINKY

you may enjoy this drawing too http://www.quaifeamerica.com/sites/g/files/g900501/f/201403/QDF57Z.PDF

Blue Font Technology Electric blue Subcompact car

Auto part Tool accessory Rotor Chuck Axle part

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks:) I am using this to see what we can verify and I posted why on a new thread.

There are inherent issues with every type of LSD, some better for racing, some better for street, some can upset the balance of the car when unlocking going into a turn and suddenly lock on the way out...why on the nuts M3 I was building I spent the big bucks on an OS Giken as it is the smoothest in transition, can be tuned to a very wide range of lockup, can get on the power earlier, brakes later.....

For the Fist I am just working on a simple and cost effective system that I have great previous FWD experience with:)

Rick

Reactions: rodmoe

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Thanks:) I am using this to see what we can verify and I posted why on a new thread.

There are inherent issues with every type of LSD, some better for racing, some better for street, some can upset the balance of the car when unlocking going into a turn and suddenly lock on the way out...why on the nuts M3 I was building I spent the big bucks on an OS Giken as it is the smoothest in transition, can be tuned to a very wide range of lockup, can get on the power earlier, brakes later.....

For the Fist I am just working on a simple and cost effective system that I have great previous FWD experience with:)

Rick
Welcome and it will be fun to watch your journey :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could end up not liking it in this application, well aware of that but feel pretty good about it doing a great job so time will tell:)

I was hoping to find out they have one that fits so I do not have to ship my diff to them but will if I have to.

Having fun in Utah, soon all over NA on all the tracks of my dreams in a well sorted out Fist!

Rick

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How was the car setup and what was the use, autocross, drag, road course, street only, mountain runs, combination, race tires, suspension mods, power level, etc?.....all important when picking an LSD.

Let us know, it may help somebody get it right for their needs:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts