Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I realize that it's not really a transmission tunnel, since we have transverse mounted engine, but my right leg (on the LHD version of the car) gets super cramped by the right hand side of the driver's side leg area. I've played with the seating position a lot, but I can't seem to get it out of the way. I went on a long trip over the weekend, and since it was snowy, I didn't really use the cruise, and it was really uncomfortable.

I have the standard seats, but I tested sitting in the Recaro seats and I had the same issue. I should mention that i'm 5'11" and 290 (so I'm big) but it's really the only uncomfortable part of the FiST that i've found.

Anyone else have this? Any crazy fixes that I haven't thought of?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds silly, but get comfy and then slide your butt 1" to the left. Makes a world of difference in mine, with standard seats. This puts you a hair off-center from the pedals and steering wheel, but I can drive without my knee rubbing.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm considering adding a small pad to the center console where my legs rests against it

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds silly, but get comfy and then slide your butt 1" to the left. Makes a world of difference in mine, with standard seats. This puts you a hair off-center from the pedals and steering wheel, but I can drive without my knee rubbing.
Interesting... This sounds like something that's doable.. I wonder what the actual seat mount/rails look like, and if it's reasonable or stupid to try moving the seating position toward the door (or if it's even possible, space wise)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm considering adding a small pad to the center console where my legs rests against it
I think this would help if I could find something that's both thin and comfortable. If it's too thick it's going to me the issue even worse. Post what you use if you end up doing this, and how it works.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Interesting... This sounds like something that's doable.. I wonder what the actual seat mount/rails look like, and if it's reasonable or stupid to try moving the seating position toward the door (or if it's even possible, space wise)
Seat rails are pretty beefy, adjusting them effectively is unlikely. Sliding left cheek against the left bolster is the best I've found so far.
Then again, I will probably be swapping out the stock seats eventually for a set of buckets I have laying around the garage already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts