Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight after switching maps to 93 on the cobb I noticed a loud turbo screech through the fswerks intake I have. If I'm in like 3 or 4th kinda lugging the vehicle and I put my foot to the floor you can hear the turbo start to build then I'll let off and a loud screech sound happens as pressure being released . Almost like a tire skid. Is this something that's bad? I mean on the AP I'm making about 20.5 lbs of boost. Any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that is what it kinda sounds like. But it doesn't do it constant like that. It's only that sound on the blow off end of everything. It's only when I put a load on the turbo and it's building 20lbs then I let of off it does that screech. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the fswerks and maybe just creating some kind of turbulence or something.
But as far as checking the clamps. Iv checked all of them except the one that goes up in the turbo. The other ones though were still tight. I have 2700 miles on car too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And it only does it in like 4th-6th under a load. Like if I'm kinda lugging the motor then step on it. Maybe loose clamp?

·
Registered
411 Posts
It does sound a bit like compressor surge, its hard to tell without actually hearing it directly. It also could be your wastegate fluttering which makes a chuff chuff noise at WOT, full load. Wastegate flutter is more pronounced in the higher gears in my experience.

·
Registered
248 Posts
not sure if turbo cars are the same, but when i had a cold air intake on my old accord, at a certain throttle response it would make this whistling sound.
wondering if the fswerks intake, or just intakes in general, make the same sound?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I was thinking maybe something to do with the fswerks cause Iv never heard it before the intake. Or maybe I have a loose clamp and I'm just hearing that loose clamp more through the intake. Is waste gate flutter bad? I have

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I still have the stock intake, dont hear a screech bit I do hear my turbo whistle when accel and the bov when decelerating.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts