Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. No matter what tune even stock tune...when I WOT the boost pressure spikes to 62 and higher at times. It never fails after I reset the ap.

2. Miles to Empty is excessively high. I noticed since day one after my first tune the M toE it went up over 400. Now im about 1/4 tank and the m to e reads this. When I top it off later tonite ill post another pic also with the boost spike.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had mine since October, but I almost never have it hooked up. But the miles to empty will correct itself as it learns.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe I have, but I don't usually have it connected. I'll check it out later. I'm at work and the AP is at home.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
1. No matter what tune even stock tune...when I WOT the boost pressure spikes to 62 and higher at times. It never fails after I reset the ap.

2. Miles to Empty is excessively high. I noticed since day one after my first tune the M toE it went up over 400. Now im about 1/4 tank and the m to e reads this. When I top it off later tonite ill post another pic also with the boost spike.

I've seen pictures of the AP where boost was over 300 something, I believe COBB addressed it. I can't remember what actually makes this occur, but there was no problem/issue just something that occurs here and there.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was happening back to back for me afyer I flashed to stock earlier today.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Mine usually shows the unusually high boost spike numbers when I first start the car. I reset the min/max for all monitors and it goes away.

·
Vendor
418 Posts
The unusually high looking boost spike is just the ECU spitting out a single moment of bad data. Nothing to worry about, though in know it can be a bit annoying. Hopefully we can filter this out one day. The miles to empty is just something the car has to relearn and goes away after a tank fill up.

Ian

·
Registered
94 Posts
I havent had the boost spike, but mine is showing my peak torque at 313ft/lb. I know there is no way thats accurate when I only have the Cobb filter and AP. Unless that debadging really did add 65ft/lb ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
I havent had the boost spike, but mine is showing my peak torque at 313ft/lb. I know there is no way thats accurate when I only have the Cobb filter and AP. Unless that debadging really did add 65ft/lb ;)
I don't think 300 TQ is unreasonable, factor in the correction from crank to wheel and your looking around 260-270 WTQ which is very obtainable with AP stage 1 :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't think 300 TQ is unreasonable, factor in the correction from crank to wheel and your looking around 260-270 WTQ which is very obtainable with AP stage 1 :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which is a crazy amount of TQ out of a 1.6L with an itty bitty turbo. Not to shabby. The miles to empty I wouldn't worry about. Mine does that with out any tune.

·
Registered
161 Posts
313 Nm = 230 ft. lbs. tq.

Reactions: GhostWhite

·
Vendor
418 Posts
Cobb confirmed the estimated torque monitor is in Newton meters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was fixed in the February firmware update for all torque monitors.

Cheers,

-Braden @ COBB
Sent using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts