Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across a comparison between the two? Aside from the 3-door / 5-door obvious difference, I'm wondering if anyone's done a side by side review. A side by side track comparison would be great - hopefully someone does it in the future.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Euro spec has projector non hid headlights, slightly softer spring rates (because the US spec is heavier by about 130lbs from additional crash safety equipment like thicker bumper support bar, US spec cars will have a slightly stiffer spring rates to make the cars "feel" the same). Thats about all I know

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, Recaros are standard in Canada. The only options Canadian ST can get are Navigation, Sunroof, and Painter rims and calipers. That being said, I'm not a fan of a choice of colours for the recaros. Can anyone get different colours than the standard Black/Grey and Black/Orange Recaros anywhere in the world?

·
Registered
12 Posts
euro build cars run a maf sensor and tuning the mexican built cars are mafless and use map tuning, also euro st2 get projector headlights and recaro's but euro st1 have no projector headlight or recaros. here in australia we get a euro 1.5 spec with recaros but no leather(not even an option) and projectors with drls but no sat nav or larger screens we also get a dumbed down version of sync that is a little more limited in what it can do ie it does not understand the command radio you have to push the button to get the radio on but it will find what you want from your i pod(sometimes) , other differences are paint we only have five colours being frozen white, panther black, performance blue, race red and molten orange and no option for the rado grey wheels

mrmavx

·
Registered
105 Posts
This has probably been covered elsewhere, but can the Euro projectors be fitted to a US car?
That would take a ford engineer to answer or someone willing to buy one and test it? But by eye balling both, they look the same.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
That would take a ford engineer to answer or someone willing to buy one and test it? But by eye balling both, they look the same.

For test fitting you wouldn't even need a working one. If someone tracked down a cheap set of broken ones I'd be willing layout $100-$200 to help out other owners.

·
Registered
923 Posts
euro build cars run a maf sensor and tuning the mexican built cars are mafless and use map tuning, also euro st2 get projector headlights and recaro's but euro st1 have no projector headlight or recaros. here in australia we get a euro 1.5 spec with recaros but no leather(not even an option) and projectors with drls but no sat nav or larger screens we also get a dumbed down version of sync that is a little more limited in what it can do ie it does not understand the command radio you have to push the button to get the radio on but it will find what you want from your i pod(sometimes) , other differences are paint we only have five colours being frozen white, panther black, performance blue, race red and molten orange and no option for the rado grey wheels

mrmavx
Are you sure about that? I see something that looks like a mass-airflow sensor (heating wire) inside the top air box sensor housing on my Mexican built USA spec car. I remember the differences between the 1987-88 Mustang 5.0s and the '89+. The earlier year EFI engines used MAP and the 1989+ used MAF. What I am looking at sure looks like a MAF sensor...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Are you sure about that? I see something that looks like a mass-airflow sensor (heating wire) inside the top air box sensor housing on my Mexican built USA spec car. I remember the differences between the 1987-88 Mustang 5.0s and the '89+. The earlier year EFI engines used MAP and the 1989+ used MAF. What I am looking at sure looks like a MAF sensor...
I remember reading the same thing in regards to MAP and MAF, but every image I've seen of the US spec engine bay shows what looks to be a MAF sensor. I owned a Subaru that used both MAF and MAP so perhaps the US spec car runs both sensors too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I could be wrong but I was led to believe that is part of the reason why you cannot use a euro tune on a us car and viva versa

mrmavx

·
Registered
105 Posts
No much of a petrolhead but when i asked cobb about importing their unit they told me it will not be compatible with the eurp spec.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts