Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Bought my fiesta st12 days ago with half tank of 87. Ran it to 35 miles to E then 93'd it up. I've got my cobb tuner and I want to load my 93 map and run it hard (Just got the tuner today). So I'm currently 22 miles till E and I'm going to try to run it down to 5-7 miles to E and then fill it completely full with 93. Do you think I'll be safe and won't face pre detonation?

Heres the specs :
Half Tank of 87, ran down to 40 miles
Filled with 93, ran down to 5-7 miles
Filling with 93 full.

Do you think I'll be good, or should I run with the 91 map for a week and kill another tank?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally wimped out and loaded the 91 map. Noticed a tq increase but increase is not very noticeable. Guess I'll check out 93 next week on my next fill up.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Totally wimped out and loaded the 91 map. Noticed a tq increase but increase is not very noticeable. Guess I'll check out 93 next week on my next fill up.
On a side note and I am sure you are aware of this make sure you are in at least sport mode or full off with Traction control to get the best from your tune. Plus it takes a little bit for the ECU to learn the new map parameters..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
369 Posts
You'll need to drive the car for a tank for it to really learn the new map. After my first tank the car got a bit faster and best of all my gas mileage improved as well :)

·
Vendor
418 Posts
Just make sure to monitor your OAR and timing correction under WOT. If your OAR is -1.00 and you see positive timing corrections under full throttle, then you are good to go! If you see consistent negative timing corrections under WOT, then use a less aggressive map.

Ian

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are you guys getting for AFR's?

cold start and idle for 10 minutes I get 15.43 -> 15.58

Driving for 4 min idle is 14.20 -> 14.68

Full boost 11.9 -> 12.6