Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/14frdwa3e.pdf

Since people were asking about warranty and mods.... This is what I gathered. They will not cover the part or any damage caused by the part to the car. So if you replace your exhaust, and it breaks they wont cover the after market exhaust or any damage to the rest of the car caused by it. The company you bought the exhaust from should have a warranty though. So as long as you are replacing parts with legit shit, you should be good to go. The parts aren't usually designed to cause issues haha, as long as you don't put the wrong thing on.

Reactions: joker96

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think as someone said before "They have to prove that part caused the issue". I am also not Ford warranty.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one I went to had a crazy Cobra Jet Mustang all kinds of twerked.

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
300 Posts
The Ford wording just puts them in compliance with federal law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

excerpt:

The federal minimum standards for full warranties are waived if the warrantor can show that the problem associated with a warranted consumer product was caused by damage while in the possession of the consumer, or by unreasonable use, including a failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm going to add a link to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act to my signature.

Warranties can basically never be fully voided.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Correct. A warranty can NEVER be fully voided.

The worst that will happen is a warranty claim will be denied, but you will still have a completely valid warranty. If you have an intake and your turbo blows, then you probably don't stand a chance, but if you have an intake and your brakes have an issue, the intake has nothing to do with the brakes, so no reason to lose your warranty for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts