Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Those HP numbers seem low... torque seems in line with everything we've seen so far. What kind of dyno is it, and were any corrections applied?

·
Registered
678 Posts
That certainly explains it - impressive torque numbers for that setup!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Certainly they have some correction factored in. My baseline was 163 hp & 203 pft on a Mustang Dyno. The only Mustang Dyno I have seen that gave a good baseline was Cobbs out in California. 185 hp & 230 pft bone stock. :eek:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mustang dynos from what I've always heard read on the conservative side.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ziptie Dynowerks got their calibration file straight from COBB when they dyno'd our Fiesta. When we did our first run, it showed right about 205 ft lbs, the more we ran it, the more power/tq it seemed to make. Ambient temperature was right around 35 degrees that day as well.

Corby

·
Vendor
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 4 wheel dyno's you have the option to run in "two wheel drive" mode and "4 wheel drive" mode. In newer cars, like the Fiesta, they tend to get finicky when the front wheels are going and the rears aren't so it's better to run them in "4 wheel drive" mode. You might be able to squeeze 1-2 more hp in 2wd mode, but we decided it wasn't worth it to possibly cause an issue so we ran it in 4wd mode.

Corby

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: RallySport Direct

·
Registered
490 Posts
Certainly they have some correction factored in. My baseline was 163 hp & 203 pft on a Mustang Dyno. The only Mustang Dyno I have seen that gave a good baseline was Cobbs out in California. 185 hp & 230 pft bone stock.
Wow, my baseline was 159.5 bhp and 275nm (wheel power) Dyno is reading about 10hp negative, so that will make it +/- 169bhp ATW.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Wow, my baseline was 159.5 bhp and 275nm (wheel power) Dyno is reading about 10hp negative, so that will make it +/- 169bhp ATW.
What kind of dyno did you get your baseline done on?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I would imagine with the next STi coming out soon, you guys would have one. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out the GDI pretty quickly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts