Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out if this is normal... I park at an apartment carport and to get my car out, I need to reverse then fully turn the wheel. When the wheel is fully turned, the steering makes this weird vibration and noise. I know cars have their power steering pump/etc noise when the wheels are fully turned, but what I'm hearing from my car doesn't seem that normal.

Anyone?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Most cars when you fully lock the wheel and hold it make a small funny noise/feeling. It's not a pump as our cars have electric steering motors. I'd bet it's just normal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hmmm I think I get this noise also when backing up. Reversing out of a parking spot turning the wheel almost completely, I hear like a weird noise....I almost thought it was the tires rubbing or something like that. Glad to know others have it too I suppose..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine also makes this noise usually while reversing, but I don't necessarily need to have my wheel at full-lock for the car to produce the noise/sensation. I will monitor to see if it gets worse. I have a 2015 model year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts