Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

261 - 280 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'm new to the hot hatches. Coming out of a corvette that has become too difficult for my wife to get in and out. So far I love the fun factor. Not as fast as the vette, of course but really engaging to drive. The upside is that I can drive it in the winter. Changed the summer tires for all seasons. It seemed too complicated to do the winter tire route. I hope to see a lot of fun out of this car and to learn some things on this forum to make it even more exciting to drive.
Welcome and as long as you are happy and Momma's happy its all good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello! New member as of March 16, 2015.

My FiST is a molten orange delight that I've owned for about a year. I've owned quite a few performance-oriented cars in my lifetime and the FiST is absolutely among the best, overall. This thing is an absolute blast to drive and I find myself coming home from a drive to the supermarket (or just about anywhere else) with a big grin on my face. So, of course, I'm about to add an upgrade -- a Mountune MP 215 kit (that won't ruin my warranty).

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello! just finished a day of car shopping, coming home with a ingot silver base FiST. so far the car is a blast, I'm excited to start playing with it. located in dc area

·
Registered
4 Posts
Automobile and motorcycle enthusiast since age 8. First car was a Volvo P1800, first motorcycle was a Honda 302 Scrambler. Currently own a '75 Honda 550K, '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee,' '05 Chrysler 300C, '06 Mini Cooper S, '14 FiST. I live in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina, with some of the best roads for driving anywhere, including the extraordinary Blue Ridge Parkway, and US 129, the "Tail of the Dragon."

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys(and Gals), Another Canadian here. Found this site while looking into some Mountune stuff. The wealth of knowledge on the platform has been plentiful here and everyone seems to be pretty easy going so I thought I would join in. I'm Just getting back into cars after having a couple of trucks mostly for work purposes.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi All
Just signed up, i'm a Kiwi who lives in Melbourne Australia. Been a regular visitor to this site for the last month or so and didn't have the intention of signing up until ...the wife finally caved and said last night that when an ST comes on sale with low finance we can get one ...which made me a very happy man considering i've been suppressing this filthy little fetish I have with the ST like a secret, full well knowing that my wife will never agree nor is it productive for our near future family plans ...(I know, ..Im a selfish prick!)
But alas ....Hi all , and looking forward to probing you all for info when the time comes.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi all.

Hailing from Southern Cali. My first time at the site. Found out about it by searching for ST pics. I like sport coupes and had several over the years. My last was an '06 G35 but due to having a kid and needing something more practical with a hatch I started considering the Mazda 3. But when I went for a test drive the car felt like it would far apart. Couldn't believe it and I just couldn't buy it. I have been primarily a Japanese car fan...if it had not been for my mom liking Ford trucks, I would have totally missed on this.

Went in with her to help her choose one and was impressed with the salesman and his no hassle, no nonsense approach. At the time I was still looking for a Japanese brand but none of the other Japanese brands that I like fit my style in this class (Fit/Versa)...I was a first timer with Mazda but I liked the look. After the mazda issue I decided to go in and check out the Ford Fiesta. Trying to be practical I got the base model. I prefer manual transmissions and at the time they only had 2, base and an ST (both silver) and intending to be as practical as possible, I didn't even bother test driving the ST. The base Fiesta was nothing amazing, but it did what it was supposed to do admirably for it's price range and I could see the potential in an upgraded model. About a year later after reading all the reviews and hoopla on the ST, I begin to sorely regret not getting it first and decided to check it out.

Took both the '14 and '15 Fist for a test drive. Not sure if the '14 had issues but I immediately noticed the difference in the '15. I think this car was actually sold before I even got it off the lot! This car is amazing! Good job Ford...you may have just gotten a new fan. Unfortunately that dealer only had red so here I am driving the red FiST and loving it. I don't even miss the G that much anymore...except maybe the sunroof - but I think I can live with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
G'Day from Sydney

Hi folks,

I'm collecting a new Fiesta ST tomorrow. I thought I'd check this place out as a source for tips, tricks and techniques for getting the best out of these superb cars.

A bit about me: I've been a petrolhead for almost all my 57 years. In 2000 I wrote a book about tuning the Subaru WRX. It was called Training WRX and went to three editions. But I've never been a marque nazi. I've owned Subaru, Holden (GM) GTS, Nissan 200SX, Porsche Boxster S, BMW M3 - typically the best car in the category I was looking/could afford!

See you on the 'site,

Coach

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, just picked up my FiST last night. Bought a 2015 with 6K miles on it. Seemed like I got a good deal, now just to spend all the money I saved on parts for it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hello all, just picked up my FiST last night. Bought a 2015 with 6K miles on it. Seemed like I got a good deal, now just to spend all the money I saved on parts for it.
If you don't mind me asking, I'm curious how much did you get your Fist for?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
195905_10150153355228735_7991526_n.jpg 188913_10150153354873735_2547823_n.jpg VZM.IMG_20160301_075509.jpg VZM.IMG_20160302_092741.jpg

Hey Cool Kids! Now I can be a Cool Kid too!

Name's Josh. I'm 27 and live in Baltimore, MD. I've been in "the scene" for many years, going back to Fanatics and FJ, though always trolling for inspiration and information as opposed to posting too much. The above pictures are from Focus Rising like six years ago when I took Best Sedan 05-07 with my 2006 zx4 ses. Sadly/not sadly, the last 2 or so years have been pretty hard on the old girl (Daily Driver), and it was time to put her out to pasture this past week. Luckily, that pasture is my friend's garage, and he is going to rebuild her for something fun to do and so he can get back into the tuner scene (or w/e). This fast forwarded my plans about a year though, as I have been looking at/knew I would buy a FiST since 2014 but wasn't planning to actually buy until end of this year, hoping for a 2017 refresh / RS :'(

Expect the unexpected, I suppose.

In with the new hotness:

I call her...Dorothy. 2016 FiST in Magnetic Grey. Only option was the black wheels. Approx 17k otd. I was planning on getting the Recaros but with my timeline getting effed, I had to go without. I love the car already and have have a ton of plans that have been rolling around my head since 2014.

I'm going to be more involved on the forums, with having a nice new car to start over as a project. I hope to talk to more of you on here and the various other forums I am on, as well as the FB groups. You can see me at Hunt Valley Horsepower from time to time (I used to cruise the Red Lion Sonic on Wednesday nights). I'll be doing OA in May most likely, and hope to do more car shows this coming summer.

-4LugSlug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive been a bowtie man my whole life. Learned how to drive manual in my brothers IROC. I was hooked. My 1st newish car was a 13' Sonic LT with the 1.4L turbo 6speed in inferno Orange. Loved that little go cart. The buyout killed GM for me. With a hanging head I walked into the local Ford dealer after hearing about insensitives on the FiST. Ford basically paid me $5000 to drive the sonic for a year and got me into a Magnetic ST which I will be picking up Monday. I never thought I'd be this excited to own a (gulp) Ford.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IMG_4052.jpg Greetings everyone! I just picked up my 2016 magnetic Fiesta ST with ebony black wheels and I can't stop wanting to drive it. Since 2008 I've been a proud owner of a 2004 Mazda 6S with the hopes of getting a 1st generation Mazdaspeed3. However, after driving this car I couldn't help but become a Ford fanboy. I'm down in SoCal in the Inland Empire region. All I've done so far is tint the windows 15% back 35% front. My next plan is the Mountune MP215 kit in the near future keeping the tune fairly conservative. Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot more here!

261 - 280 of 292 Posts