Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of car(s) did your fiesta ST replace?

For me, I had a 12 Focus hatchback SEL. My first automatic (dual clutch). Nothing but problems. Rattling in the headliner (replaced twice), crunching suspension in the winter time (had that replaced twice as well). Dual clutch grinding, jerking etc. Had a bad dealership too... Otherwise, loved the car, the tech, the way it handled, the space, comfort, everything.

Glad to be going back to manual with the ST.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Gave up my comfortable and powerful 06 Acura TL which I bought to share with the wife till we bought a CLEAN 07 V6 Accord with 45k miles for 5k ... decided it was perfect timing for me to buy my Toy! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
My old car is a 1989 Suzuki Swift GTi, which I did a complete suspension change out, H&R springs, Koni shocks and polyurethane bushings. The new Fiesta ST has a slightly softer ride compared to my old SS GTi.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Had a 1993 Ford Probe GT with the KLZE engine swap, ran that into the ground and got a 1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. I ended up having overheating problems that were too expensive to repair so I reluctantly traded that for a 2003 SAAB 9-5 Linear 2.3t and had been driving that for the last year until I got my FiST almost a month ago.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sold an Audi S4 for the FiST and slowly parting out and getting rid of a BMW 135

·
Registered
55 Posts
i had a 06 audi a4 and it was nothing but issues and bad luck thermostat, flat tires, timing belt to name a few i loved driving it but it was too expensive to keep fixing
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi Luxury vehicle

·
Registered
369 Posts
howd u like the S4?
S4 was a nice car. Fast and brutish, but not a drivers car. Great highway cruiser, but the gas mileage (v8 got me 19mpg on the highway) left a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
08' Subaru STI, sold it and planned to get a new project car. I currently drive a 03' Pontiac Vibe as my daily and plan to jump into a new FiST soon.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks means a lot ;) hehe:cool:
Hope you mean that sincerely. I didn't mean it as a bad thing. I've gotten a lot of "you're getting a Ford!?" and I'm sure people coming from Audis and so on are too. It's just cool to see this little car getting the respect and attention it deserves. I hope Ford sells lots of them and we see more hot hatches (maybe the next Focus RS...).

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Oh I understand when I say it's a Fiesta ST and I get the sour lemon face .. then they ask well its AWD right .. and I laugh.. and smile as I tell them it is a lot more fun than any of the cars I have had in the last 4 yrs .. and they look like I'm kookoo LOL fyi in the last 4 yrs I have had a 2011 Brembo Optioned Mustang GT Two Dodge Challengers (one plain 2011V8) and (one a 2012 R/T V8) and the 2013 FRS.. So most folks that know me already know my motto of "Life's too short enjoy the Ride !!"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
81 Posts
01 Protege MP3. Even with I/H/E, crank pulleys, solid motor mounts, etc it is no where near a quick. Not sure I like the FiST more yet, but it's certainly quicker, and newer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oh I understand when I say it's a Fiesta ST and I get the sour lemon face .. then they ask well its AWD right .. and I laugh.. and smile as I tell them it is a lot more fun than any of the cars I have had in the last 4 yrs .. and they look like I'm kookoo LOL fyi in the last 4 yrs I have had a 2011 Brembo Optioned Mustang GT Two Dodge Challengers (one plain 2011V8) and (one a 2012 R/T V8) and the 2013 FRS.. So most folks that know me already know my motto of "Life's too short enjoy the Ride !!"
I am still waiting for mine to arrive, so not too many looks. We'll see what looks I get in the paddock at the BMW CCA HPDE's next season. But it's a cool crew so it's gonna be all good other than some fun razzing at my expense I'm sure.

That's a nice little collection of cars. The Fiesta must feel like a go-kart compared to most because those are hefty straight line performers (other than the FRS). I've bounced around car wise. I had an S2000, then a GTI, then 2 sport bikes, then a 135i, then the M3 and soon the Fiesta. Little erratic. I think my friends and family (and wife) are getting used to it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
01 Protege MP3. Even with I/H/E, crank pulleys, solid motor mounts, etc it is no where near a quick. Not sure I like the FiST more yet, but it's certainly quicker, and newer.
I used to drive a mazdaspeed protege back in the day it was so much fun I loved the suspension on it. I blew the turbo cuz I turned the boost up like an idiot lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 211 Posts